should i be worried?

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello all
my B. boehmei has been sitting at the side of his cage for about 3 days now not eating not moving at all. im worried that there might be something wrong, she has a water dish and the cage is kept at 25 - 27 degrees C. i am really worried :( :( :(

help would be greatly appreciated!!

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has anything changed in his/her setup recently? Do you mist? what are you using for substrate?

EDIT re-reading your post it says he/she is at the side I read it as on the side as in climbing the walls, I wouldnt worry too much he/she is probably in premoult and 3 days without food is normal (some T's go off their food for months) I only feed my T's once a week less for some of them, as long as its legs arent curled under it and its abdomen is nice and plump I wouldnt stress at all.

Last edited:

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nothing ahs changed in the setup, the substrate is coconut bark and vermiculite mix, i mist every now and then, apparently they like it dry.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has your boehmei got the usual brachy bald spots on its rump from hair kicking?

Yes they do like it dry I dont mist any of my Brachys, just keep its water bowl full and it should be fine.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The bald spots are 100% normal I only wanted to know because if the bald spot skin has gone dark almost black then I'd say a moult is coming up soon :D

Dont worry so much like I said as long as its not curling up and its abdomen is nice and plump it should be fine, if your T isnt roaming all the time that is a sign that its content where it is, and 3 days without food is nothing, trust me.

Last edited:

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank you so much :D i woke up this morning and he moved a couple of cm but its better {D

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No probs mate thats what we are all here for, to help each other.
Brachys can be kind of pet rocks, not in the same league as G.rosea but active they are not :D

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
same with my smithi. i have two of them. one of them is an aggressive feeder, while the other isn't even interested in feeding :? is this normal :? need advice

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All of my Brachys are good feeders except my emilia who is an apathetic feeder at best, but she has a plump butt and seems quite content so I guess she knows best :)
just keep offering her food leave it in there for 24 hours if she hasnt taken it remove the prey item and repeat the following week, T's can go for months without food so there is no need to panic.

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My brachy's have their good and bad days. It's usually harder to get them to feed the first week or so after a moult, but after they're done whining about having new skin, they are actually pretty aggressive feeders.