Killing crickets

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is it crule to kill crikets to keep a True spider alive? I always feel really bad when I prise off the back legs, but it's the only way I can feed him, the crickets won't get caught in his web coz it's so high of the ground and if they have there back legs on the snap his web! Does anyone have a suggestion on how to kill them nicely? :cool:

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You could try putting them in the freezer for an hour or two. No damage to the crickets body, but it will slow them down enough to keep them from tearing up the web.

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
freezing it works wonders. but i still would use the "remove all the legs" method. :)

rgfx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
juggalo69 said:
You could try putting them in the freezer for an hour or two. No damage to the crickets body, but it will slow them down enough to keep them from tearing up the web.
slow 'em down? I reckon it'd do that alright! they'll be rock solid after half an hour!

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i grab them with my tweezers then bash their heads into the side of the tank, then drop them in while they are twitching, baby scorps gobble them up :D

also worked well when feeding my 2 centipedes with eggs and babys, they dont mind being hand fed