A. geniculata molt problem

2000mazdaman

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, i am concerned about my A. genic. She is about 2.5 inches and has been trying to molt now for two days :eek: During pre molt she had plenty humidity(and still does). Her abdomen and the top of the thorax have shed completely, however she cannot get her legs out at all. The bottom of her thorax...the part with all the little chambers(don't know the name),and her legs are still attached completely it seems like the membranes didn't break so that her old exuvia could shed. She is sitting right side up and her legs are stuck in the upwards position. She is still alive because i can see her wiggleing her legs inside of her old ones. I am concerned because she has made no progress in the last 48 hours. What should i do? Should i try gently taking her out of her molt with tweezers or should i let nature take its corse and hope she makes it. She is one of my favorite T's, i would hate to see her go down this way. :(

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
seems to me like you could help her, or you could let her be. Either way is going to be risky.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Go into the bathroom and turn on the shower with hot water and let the room steam up. Put it in there (the room - not the shower) and see if it will help.

It's been so long that it may be too late, but you can try.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You might want to read through this thread. It has some excellent information for situations like this.