hottentotta trilineatus

BaronFel181

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
3 out of 5 on the venom scale, may have caused a few fatalities, but not a danger to a healthy adult. Getting stung would still hurt like HELL and it would be wise to seek medical attention.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
to let you know, i got stung by a 2nd instar, and it hurt more than an adult emperor..............

so WATCH IT

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would think this is something you should have researched prior to getting the scorp. On the other hand, you could have been writing us that you were free-handing your A. australis, so I'm glad that's not the case! :embarrassed: :? :wall:

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorps_n_Ts said:
I would think this is something you should have researched prior to getting the scorp. On the other hand, you could have been writing us that you were free-handing your A. australis, so I'm glad that's not the case! :embarrassed: :? :wall:

If he was freehandling an A.A. I dont think he would be here to tell us about it. But always research b4 you buy or treat it like an A.A or L.Q until you do find out more about it.

The Bear

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hottentotta

How would you rate the other hottentotta species(H. jayakari. and H. franzwerneri mainly)? Im getting some soon but im not sure which ones to get?

angel of death

Arachnopeon
i was told the venoms strength was around centruroides exilicauda by the place i bought it from i just wanted to make sure what the venom was like

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unfortunately venom is a very complex cocktail of proteins and enzymes. I'd imagine one that everybody reacts differently too. I have heard that most Hottentotta sp. are dangerous enough to be given a 3-4 on the venom scale in a healthy adult human, there's no telling what the reaction would be if say you were elderly or sick. I would treat any buthid as a potentially dangerous scorpion; do your maintenance with a long pair of hemos or tongs and make sure the tank is absolutely escape proof.