Scorpion DVDs/Videos (?)

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I saw a brilliant documentary some time ago which had David Attenborough narrating. It was solely about scorpions as far as I can remember, and finished up with a Parabuthus transvaalicus... being the daddy of all scorps ;P and chasing off a meer cat (I think) by spraying it's venom. It was extremely well made, a great watch.

Did anybody else see this program? And does anybody know if it is for sale on DVD or VHS? I'd love to get a copy of it, or any other Scorpion documentary for that matter.

Any info would be appreciated.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was that "Scorpions and Their Venomous Cousins"???? It was on Discovery or Animal Planet a few years back.

I have been looking for it for almost a year now (taped over my son's copy :wall: )

Or not?

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I havent seen it but by the way it sounds I would like to.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It was an episode of "wildlife on one" I seem to recall, you can probably get it from the BBC, they are making all of their nature documentaries open access.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i know what your talking about but i saw it like 2 years back, but that would be sweet to find it on dvd.

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just checked Ebay- No scorpion videos (other than the rock band...lol). Maybe one will pop up sooner or later. Over hte years, there have been a few scorpion videos/shows...I too would love to egt ahold of a few!

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah it was a great show, and it was on terrestial television... Wildlife on One, I think. Awesome program.

It sucks that there aren't any documentaries for scorpions to hand easily, doesn't it? There is a bit of money to be made there... maybe the people in the right places will wisen up.

I am going to check the BBC website (if they have one for their Wildlife programs).

Thanks for the responses guys.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember seeing an hour long bbc (ithink) program called "A Scorpion's Tail" (rather than "tale") and did a brief search and couldnt find anything. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Animal channel (in canada) on cable showed a hour long program called "the scorpions tale" just the other day, it wasn't very good and they kept on misidentifying species.