• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Xenesthis immanis

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A little about my breedingattrmpt with Xenesthis immanis.
I was in Hamm in mars last year and bought a adult male. I have three females, two of the adults. 22/3 the male spun a spermweb, and the next eavning i desided to try to mate them. I started whith my smaller female because she where freshly moulted. The male where very neorvous and run for it, the female where receptive though! But that eavning was not good hehe! I tried a couple of nights but with the same results!

Then i desided to put him in with the female a couple of days in a so called shark cage. When he had benn in that way for 2 days i opend the shark cage in the eavning, and a mating took place.!!! I could see one good insertation. i let him spin another spermweb and put him again in a chark cage with the same female and they later mated again. This time i saw two insertations. After that they didnt wanna mate again so i tried my largest female. They mated alright but the female moulted a couple of weeks later. In the meantime the other female become fatter and fatter, and about 4 month later she dropped a sac!!! {D I was very thrilled!!! I tried my best to keep the humidety high and not desturb her to much, but sorry to say the female one day ignore the sack, and when i opened it, i saw that it was infertile. CHEERS!!!///Johan

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unsucessful

Tuesday Evening at roughly 9:15pm I introduced my 6" Mature Male to my 6.5" Female. Everything was going fine until the male attempted to lift the female and then she grabbed him killing him in seconds.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here we go! Can I go two-for two? I just put them together a little while ago, and I got a double-palp insertion and the overall mating time (from contact) was about 7 minutes. I have some pictures to share with you all. Cross your fingers!

Attachments

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Swifty hatches X. immanis!! (again)

Many may not remember this, I actually hatched X. immanis in 2001, and wrote an article titled, "The Story of Solo", and by the title, you guessed it, only one suvived. Last year I bred both of my females, one layed thin webbing, and dumped her eggs out :evil:, the other held it for 30 days, and I decided to pull it in fear of it being bad, and it was...rotting :evil::evil:
I bred this female in late Oct. of '09, and she produced a sac on 2-15-10. I let her have it, and it looked good, so I pulled it on day 54 (just couldn't stand it anymore). Although there was 48 infertile eggs and some goo, 33 were post embryos with very dark legs and actually molted the day after I opened the sac. I'm just a little excited about it!! :D

Attachments

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Successful....ish

Xenesthis immanis breeding report:

Female: Xe_im_4

Female's Most Recent Molt: 2010 July

Male: Loaned Male

Male's Ultimate Molt Date: Unknown

First Pairing: 3-Sep-10

Final Pairing: 26-Sep-10

Total Number of Pairings: 2

Eggsac Found: 23-Nov-10

Eggsac Pulled: 29-Dec-10

Condition when Pulled: Mostly infertile, but 8 post embryos

Molt to 1st Instar: 3-Jan-11

Molt to 2nd instar: 27-Feb-11

Mating:

W/Eggsac:

Eggsac:

A few Post Embryos:

1st Instars:

2nd Instars:

martin lees

Arachnopeon
BXenethsis immanis success
Adult female molted January 2014
Managed to get a mm on a 50/50 breeding loan from Garry McGowan.
Paired her on 6/3/14 and the male got an insert after a lot of debating.
I tied to pair them again a few times over the next couple of months but didn't get much luck.
Sack layed 7/9/14
Pulled sack 15/10/14.to EWL
Molted to N2 28/10/14
Molted to slings 10/1/15 ;125 days from AF laying sack until slings.
Total 55

---------- Post added 10-23-2015 at 07:06 PM ----------

Xenethsis immanis success
Adult female molted January 2014
Managed to get a mm on a 50/50 breeding loan from Garry McGowan.
Paired her on 6/3/14 and the male got an insert after a lot of debating.
I tied to pair them again a few times over the next couple of months but didn't get much luck.
Sack layed 7/9/14
Pulled sack 15/10/14.to EWL
Molted to N2 28/10/14
Molted to slings 10/1/15 ;125 days from AF laying sack until slings.
Total 55[/

Last edited: