PR Millipede Molting Pix

NiGHTS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got some pictures of my Puerto Rican millipedes molting on the surface and thought I would share them with everyone. The thing that's so kool about these guys that are molting is that 2 of them are chalk white normally, so it's strange to see them looking so grey. The guy in the top picture is a Puerto Rican White/Black w/ orange dots, aka Anadenobolus arboreus gundlachi.

From left to right, in the second picture, the pedes are PR Black/Yellow, PR White/Black with Orange Dots, and finally, PR White/Black. If anyone remembers my post a while back about the pede with the deformed segment - that's the same pede on the far right...and his segment is still deformed, even after a molt.

Attachments

Last edited:

NiGHTS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's the "after" picture. This is about a week and a half after the molting happened, and you can see that the PR White/Black guy isn't still fully back to his normal coloration; he's more of a PR White/Grey still. The PR White with red dots wasn't around when I pulled out the camera...but he's pretty much back to his normal color.

Attachments

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
crazy pics man.
i don't think i've ever seen much in the way of milli-molting pics :)

very cool, thanks for posting :)

NiGHTS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not Puerto Rican millipedes this time, but more molting pictures. This time its Florida millis (chicobolus spinigerus) that I caught molting near the surface.

Attachments

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I sometimes see my little burmese millipedes moulting on the surface too!

I can't wait to get home from uni... I miss my millipedes! :(