Alipes care?

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Make sure their substrate is damp and they have a water dish (as cents' tend to dring allot). Also feed them a cricket a week or something larger if you prefer as long as you go for a longer period of time between meals. The cage should be at least as long and twice as wide as your cent' height is also importand as to prevent escapes (cents' are ESCAPE ARTISTS {D ). other than that just make sure they are kept warm and humid. But watch out for mold :D .

ArachnoCrazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks just needed to know if their was anything specific for this species.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damp? i don't think it's a good idea......
nothing specific anyway, just like all other set up for another centipede
substrate can be semi-dry to moist with waterdish.....

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I raised mine up from little guys I got 2.5 years ago, mated them and got 32 young (originally thought I had 30 but found 1 the next day and 1 a few days after that) from my female and I have always kept them on the wet side of moist. The wood in the photo looks wet because it is.

Attachments

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Randolph, I have some 'formosan sand roaches' or unidentified Taiwan polyphagid that wokrs out as a good feeder to some of my centipedes since it doesn't die and rot if uneaten right away and it doesn't climb or hide very well. The females are brown, wingless and 20-25mm while the males have white and tan wings and are a little bigger. Any idea what the genus or species is?

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My best guess are ,Pycnoscelus surinamensis, niger,femapterus, but they don't seem to get that big except surinamensis
Bupolyphaga sinensis is the domestic species which farm in China as herbal medicine source, so there could be Bupolyphaga sp.or Stelaophaga sp
I'll pm u.

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Randolph XX() said:
My best guess are ,Pycnoscelus surinamensis, niger,femapterus, but they don't seem to get that big except surinamensis
Bupolyphaga sinensis is the domestic species which farm in China as herbal medicine source, so there could be Bupolyphaga sp.or Stelaophaga sp
I'll pm u.
This is my last post on centipede feeder roaches, PM with more info if possible. Thanks for taking a look. These are adult females, the males show up now and then and die in a few months.

Attachments

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
MantidAssassins said:
This is my last post on centipede feeder roaches, PM with more info if possible. Thanks for taking a look. These are adult females, the males show up now and then and die in a few months.

They look a lot like Byrsotria sp.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
8 leg wonder said:
They look a lot like Byrsotria sp.
No more wild guesses por favor. When I said it's a polyphagid I meant it. Bysotria isn't even the same family.