incense and candles?

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello, i'm not sure if i will be able to do this but.. is it ok if i burn incense or candles in my room with my T's in? i doubt i can but i don't know so any help would be appreciated :D thanks!

vincent

WidowMaker

Arachnopeon
I've never seen anything printed on this but I'm not sure it's a good idea since ventilation is such a big thing with the keeping of T's. I'm just wondering if in the smoke if any particles are carried that could have an effect on the T... or perhaps attach to their webbing which would not be a good thing. Best wishes.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's jsut me, but I would avoid doing so. Some of the standard incense types (i'm not talking about the funky mixes, like November rain or anything like that) have properties that natually repell insects. As for the funky mixes...when you don't know what's in it, how do you know if it's bad for your T's?

Unscented candles probably wouldn't be a big deal, but scented...I'd avoid it.

Last edited:

Shelob

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've used those Glad plug-in air fresheners in my room with my blondi with no problems, as well as a scented candle....

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
I burn sandalwood and coconut stick insence quite often with no problems yet.

Jaygnar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The scented candles or oils don't offer the actual smoke that the incense does. I would'nt reccomend either, but if you have to use one or the other go smokeless.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have all sorts of candles and insence in my room, I love smelly things. I've NEVER had any problems with burning them, even with the windows shut...

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Shelob said:
I've used those Glad plug-in air fresheners in my room with my blondi with no problems, as well as a scented candle....
I would be careful with air fresheners. There have been cases where they have killed tarantulas. FaBreeze (sp?) is especially nasty.

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes i heard about that, all sprays are banned in the upstairs of my house, my bedroom door must remain shut at all times (in case anyone sprays air freshner) and so on.. all laws enforced by moi :D muahahaha {D i love my power over my house :p