chicken eating spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBrachy

Arachnopeon
I just saw the ending of a PBS show called "Deep Jungle". It had a spider expert name Martin Nicholas who was searching for what the natives of Peru called a chicken spider. They said the spider was known to take down hens and bring them down its burrow. Well he found one and it looked like a black theraphosa blondi. He even refered to it as a possible therphosa species. The most interesting part to me was that there were several two inch spiderlings in its burrow with the mother. You would think that offspring at that size would be eaten by now. Is this some communal therphosa species? Maybe those offspring were just lucky so far. Another cool thing was that there was a frog living in the burrow with them. I've heard of this before. The frog and spider make a good team. The frog eats ants that enter the burrow and the tarantula provides protection for the frog. Has any tarantula owners ever tried a frog / spider communal home? Well go to PBS.ORG and check out "Deep Jungle". They have a video clip and they have the story on there.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Seaaaarch buttttton...
I think the thought on the CHS is, its a pampho...
T

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Sorry, this one I am going to make you search for... TONS of threads about this already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.