Arachnoculture??

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sept. 1st, I purchased a two book special they advertised here for sale. I Payed by Paypal, they accepted the moneys the same day..

Since then I have attempted to contact them as to the inquiry of my purchase, ( I haven't received the books yet, or even a confirmation) They have not answered my two e-mail attempts.. I have even checked my Spam folder to see if it got directed there.. Nothing yet..

How about any of you, have Y'all had any transactions?? :?

Last edited:

WidowMaker

Arachnopeon
Yep, I got the 1st two issues. They came pretty quickly after ordering and now I've signed up for a subscription. Michael Jacobi is the editor of it. He's also on Arachnoboards (Spider Shoppe) and for the mag his e-mail is editor@arachnoculture.com. I'm sure it's just an oversight somewhere as I have complete faith in my dealings with Michael. Best Wishes.

CCC

Arachnopeon
Yeah!! I placed an order for VOL 1, NO 2 magazine about two weeks ago, and I still haven't receive the magazine yet. I also payed by Paypal, they took the money from my account at same day too. I started to wonder if something is wrong with my order, or they are just simply too busy to send the magazine out right a way!! I guess I will wait a little longer and see what happens!! :confused:

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Hello all,

My apologies for the few problems mentioned here. A few points though: it would be helpful if you used your real name so that I can investigate the problem quickly. I was able to figure out who "BGBYTOY" is, but have no idea what order is associated with "CCC". Also, please ensure that you send ARACHNOCULTURE email to sales@arachnoculture.com (or editor@arachnoculture.com), NOT to michael@spidershoppe.com. My biggest difficulty is keeping what occurs with these two different ventures separate. And finally, it is helpful if you list the items ordered in the comments box during your PayPal payment, just in case I don't get or see the itemized order.

One other thing I should mention is that when you make a PayPal payment, just like any other debit or credit card transaction the funds are immediately debited to your account and transferred to mine. I don't "take" anything. If you call me and place a credit card order I don't process the transaction until the day I ship because I don't believe in taking your money ahead of time, but with PayPal it is processed immediately and I have no control over that.

I have just emailed Ron ("BGBYTOY") regarding his order. Because of his location in his profile and his providing the exact date I was able to figure out who he was fairly quickly. (And I did miss replying to his email :( ). I did receive his payment, but not the specific order email. In other words, I found a payment for "tarantula books", but no email specifying which books. If I have problems receiving detailed orders through PayPal I will implement the same shopping cart service I use for SPIDER SHOPPE.

"CCC" mentions ordering the magazine, not books and provides no transaction date. Without a real name, or even a hint by location provided in AB profile. All current orders for 1(2) have been shipped-many over the last two days-so your order should be on its way. Still, it wouldn't hurt to email Sales@Arachnoculture.com and forward your payment receipt or just provide the date of your order and your real name and email addy.

In closing, I freely admit that running a magazine and a livestock business simultaneously has me stretched to my limits. I will tell you here that the magazine is more important to me and I will be restructuring SPIDER SHOPPE over the next few weeks and launching a slightly modified website. This restructure is intended to reduce the amount of livestock I have to care for; emphasizing quality and focusing on rare species and eliminating the variety of common species and the numbers of spiders on hand. After MANY years of operating without one, I will be implementing a minimum order-I simply do not have time to process one spider orders. My reptile breeding is steadily being reduced and eventually will be eliminated. At the same time, SPIDER SHOPPE will be offering more arachnid-related dry goods; stuff like T-shirts and photos and stickers and art (and other stuff that doesn't require care and feeding!) Stay tuned.

Best regards,

Michael Jacobi

PS - I do prefer email contact; it usually results in the quickest and most thorough reply. But, if you are waiting on an order, feel free to call me at 615.516.6246 or fax me at 615.262.3097.

Last edited:

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Michael,

A while ago I ordered some things from the Spider Shop which included some forceps and a scorpion book by Manny Rubio. I recieved my forceps but till this day I have not recieved my book. I have sent emails to both the michael and the arachnoculture email addresses. I knew it was a seperate venture but I figured I may have luck getting a hold of you.

Any idea what happened to this book.
Thanks
Rob K.

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Actually, I have no idea what happened to the book. I have started to keep a shipping log so I can easily look these things up, but that's no help in your case. Because of their odd size/shape, forceps are always shipped separately so that's why you received at least half of what you wanted :( Please email your name/shipping addy (michael@spidershoppe.com) and I will send the Scorps book via First Class Mail today.

Cheers, Michael

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, Ill email you everything that I can find tonight when I get home.
Plus I may want to order some more books anyways.

Thanks.
Rob

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Michael,

I have forwarded to you, the paypal letter I received when paypal was sent.

Best regards'

Ron

CCC

Arachnopeon
Hi Michael:
Just want to let you know that I've got the magazine I ordered today!! the magazine looks great!! :clap: keep up the good work :worship:

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I received both books today!!!

Thank you Michael for fixing the problem.. :)

Ron

CCC

Arachnopeon
Arachnoculture Vol.1 No.3

On 04 Oct 2005, I placed an order for the subscriptions magazine (QUARTERLY ISSUES) and I have yet receive my starting issue, VOL 1 NO 3. So I am just wondering if anyone got their VOL 1 NO 3 yet??? I have sent e-mail to both sales@arachnoculture.com and editor@arachnoculture.com about two days ago and no one ever sent me back!! So anyone has the same problem??? :confused:

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
CCC said:
On 04 Oct 2005, I placed an order for the subscriptions magazine (QUARTERLY ISSUES) and I have yet receive my starting issue, VOL 1 NO 3. So I am just wondering if anyone got their VOL 1 NO 3 yet??? I have sent e-mail to both sales@arachnoculture.com and editor@arachnoculture.com about two days ago and no one ever sent me back!! So anyone has the same problem??? :confused:
I have received no emails regarding issues in the past two days, and, once again, if you don't sign your posts with a real name and contact info I have no way of double checking when your issue was sent. I also don't have time to answer every one of the couple of hundred emails I receive each day in "about two days".

Over 500 copies of 1(3) are shipping to over two dozen countries and I can't send them all out in one day, or even one week. I send as many as I can out every day and all of pending 1(3) will be mailed by the end of tomorrow.

My thanks to all of those people who place their order and patiently await the next issue. As I've stated before, with each issue the timeliness of printing and shipping will improve until delivery is as regular as your National Geographic, Reptiles or Maxim. I'm sure they don't have to field all of the "I paid _____ and I don't have a magazine. Where is it?" emails I do.

My focus is on creating a first-rate journal that appeals to a broad range of hobbyists and features articles by the top names in the international arachnocultural community, not shipping every issue on a specified date. I'm a one man show and there are only so many hours in a day. 3000 arachnids + 100 herps + livestock/supply business + magazine + four arachnid websites... well, you do the math. If you don't have the patience to wait on the magazine please do not subscribe. And if you don't get a reply to an email within a reasonable time, resend - I have a spam filter that may have quarantined your message for some reason and I don't check that more than once a week. Or pick up the phone and leave a message at 615.516.6246.

Cheers, Michael

CCC

Arachnopeon
Hi Michael, I am sorry if I sounded too pushy or impatient!! I just thought maybe something is wrong with my order you know?! The magazine is definitely worth the wait, and thank you for the reply and the e-mail!! :worship: