Androctonus bicolors

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:8o This picture remember me the mine. Repose in peace. But next weekend, a new king will get into my house ( of course with a lot of friends more...)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello Brian-

Very nice bicolors. How large are they?

Luc

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Hello Brian-

Very nice bicolors. How large are they?

Luc

They are about 3 or 4 inches I would guess. Very fast and very tempermental lol.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian-

Personally, I think bicolor and amoreuxi are the most interesting species in the genus. I just starting introducing males of both species to my females about 4 days ago. Hopefully, I'll have a few gravid fems soon ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds cool. I have 3 amoreuxi juveniles myself that hopefull will be breeders after they mature. Androctonus is about my favorite genus. They arent all that uncommon but they are just an awesome looking animal.

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brian! You Bicolor freak! :D

But nice pics! :clap:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian-

Regarding "hots" - the members of Androctonus and Parabuthus are definitely my favorite genera, with A. bicolor and P. transvaalicus at the top of the list.

Luc

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
parabuthus said:
What About Meatloaf?!?!?!?

:D
lol :D Actually the "real" Meatloaf is a female P transvaalicus of mine. Before she molted she was shaped just like.....well meatloaf...hahahaha. Now that my studly male has bred her, I'm expecting her to blimp out again.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
MattM said:
Brian! You Bicolor freak! :D

But nice pics! :clap:
hehehhe well actually I am a freak for ALL Androctonus spp. If I could only get a few A hoggarensis now I would have a grin from ear to ear :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Brian-

Regarding "hots" - the members of Androctonus and Parabuthus are definitely my favorite genera, with A. bicolor and P. transvaalicus at the top of the list.

Luc
Those are among my favorites as well. There are several Parabuthus spp out there that never seem to be available I would like to have. Of course I also want A crassicuada as well.

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brian S said:
lol :D Actually the "real" Meatloaf is a female P transvaalicus of mine. Before she molted she was shaped just like.....well meatloaf...hahahaha. Now that my studly male has bred her, I'm expecting her to blimp out again.
Oh I know about the real "meatloaf", I was on your messageboard having a look.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What about A. mauritanicus? nice A. bicolor in any case. Mine definitely has a bit of catching up to get to this stage.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
brigebane said:
What about A. mauritanicus? nice A. bicolor in any case. Mine definitely has a bit of catching up to get to this stage.
Oh I have some of those as well. I actually like them a little better than the bicolors. My avatar is A mauritanicus.