USA centipedes index

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
AL(W) | AR(W) | [thread=52691]AZ[/thread] | [thread=50829]CA[/thread] | [thread=52555]FL[/thread] | [thread=51385]IA[/thread] | IL(W) | IN(W) | [thread=52498]KS[/thread] | MI(w) | [thread=52580]MO[/thread] | [thread=52741]NV[/thread] | [thread=54369]OK[/thread] | [thread=52518]OR[/thread] | [thread=51732]TX[/thread] | [thread=51856]WA[/thread] | [thread=51253]WI[/thread]

note: some states are only available on my website, those are marked with a (W)

i got sick of updating each state with the new index. i figured by the time i was done i would have had to do 50+49+48+...+3+2+1 updates =P

so all the state centipede threads will be indexed through here from now on, with a link at the top to this thread :)

Scolopendromorphae species count:
Code:
AL -  7 -  3
AR -  7 -  3
AZ -  5 -  2
CA -  7 -  2
FL -  9 -  0      *********2
IA -  2 -  1
KS -  5 -  3
MO -  8 -  2      ********3**
NV -  7 -  3
OK -  8 -  2      ********3**
OR -  4 -  0
TX - 11 -  2      ***********1**
WA -  3 -  1
WI -  2 -  0
first column = state abbreviation
second col = count of species actually present
third col = count of species that are *close*... admittedly very subjective :)

VERY cool info on Kentucky (KY) centipedes
http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/CritterFiles/casefile/relatives/centipedes/centipede.htm

Rowland Shelley, 'nuff said!
http://www.naturalsciences.org/research/inverts/centipedes/

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
added a "chart" comparing the species counts for the completed states

who would have thought Missouri would have so many?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i am in the process of making a website. over the last year and a half i've posted a lot of stuff i've researched on AB and other forums, and now it is becoming too difficult, or impossible to reliably update all my posts. i figure this way all my information is in one consolidated place, and updating one place should be relatively simple.

i'm not going to remove any data from any forums, but i am no longer going to update posts, per se

eventually my website will be a superset of all the stuff i've posted in forums :)

New State Index

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What does the fourth column mean (the column with the asterisks and the numbers)?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
whoami? said:
What does the fourth column mean (the column with the asterisks and the numbers)?
i was ranking them, who has the most confirmed, 2nd most, 3rd most

just for fun :)
the stars left of the number how confirmed species and to the right are "close" species

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Illinois scolopendromorpha

Illinois added
IL

ok, here's MI and IN

woohoo, 40% done

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks guys. it will probably be pretty quick to finish as the more i did the faster i got. in some senses it is similar to a like, data sift/processing i would do at work.

11 more to go, apparently