Big big problem of my C.margaritatus

joe8421

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey ,guys
could any one expericenced answer me ,please
my 1,1 C.margaritatus(adult almost sure 5cm male 5,5cm female) haven't eat any thing for more than 45 days(i give them always crickets or worms) ,but i don't think that they have problem on their health,cuz they r so active ,i keep them always in this condition,i don't know if there's any problem :? :
Hyge: 60-80 % Temp: 21,22 °C(night) 28,29°C (day)
and the enclusure and scorps(40/20/25) u can see the pics here

Attachments

Last edited:

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hame the same pair and according to my records, last time thay ate 19 days ago. It's strage too as thay are sort of subadults and should still grow. Others in my colony do eat with great apetite.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know my adult C. gracilis will go several weeks without feeding... I wouldn't be too concerned.

joe8421

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
in fact ,i kept several kind of desert scorps for over 2 years ,this is the first time i try to keep wood scorps ,and i saw another thing strange too, the female is pregnant when i get it ,but they continue thier "scorpion dance" nearly every day. :? :? :?

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
joe8421 said:
and i saw another thing strange too, the female is pregnant when i get it ,but they continue thier "scorpion dance" nearly every day. :? :? :?
Not unusual. Centruroides are big-time breeders. I have a pair of C. gracilis living in the same enclosure too. While I believe the female is gravid, the male still conducts his activities with her at least daily. They will feed eventually I think. Best of luck! :)

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They both look pretty well fed, you only need to worry about scorpions not eating when they look much thinner and become lethargic and inactive.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joe-

Not too worry much as fasting for short - intermediate durations is completely normal for C. gracilis. I have several colonies and several pairs housed together and most will feed then, go off feeding for 2-3 weeks at a time.
Looking at your photos - your specimens appear very robust and healthy so, I wouldn't worry much.
As for males courting gravid females - this will occur during gravidity and even when the female has offspring on her dorsum. The males are mating machines and the best solution is to get another female or two for his amorous attentions - one can never have enough scorpions!
Luc