aggresive t's

IrishLad17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I should be getting my first tarantual sometime next week, and I'm so excited! I cant wait, and already I'm thinking about the future, {D . Well so far I have somewhat of a 'plan' to introduce myself to the certain types of t's. I was planning on first getting a docile terrestrial spider, probably a Chaco Goldknee. Sometime after that I want to get a docile arboreal tarantula (most likely avic avic) as a sort of introduction to the world of arboreal t's. And after I have gotten enough experience with the husbandry of those spiders, I wanted to get a t thats a bit more, 'intense' if you know what I mean. Nothing that's gonna rip a hole through its cage, crawl out, and kill me {D or on the other hand, something that will turn into a pet hole. I was thinking something semi-aggresive, active, and nicely colored. Ok thanks for listening, :)

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
defensive would be a better word ;) keep us posted on what you get :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd second the vote for L. parahybana and suggest P. cancerides. Hmm, well the second might be more than semi-defensive. How good are your reflexes? {D

Sibeleen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol I dont personally have one, but i have heard lots about the Haplopelma Lividium
supposed to be a real bitch ;)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
H. lividum are pet holes, amongst the fastest T's and seemingly not afraid show their socks. Not nessessarily what IrishLad is looking for.

I'd second (or third :rolleyes: ) L. parahybana and would also suggest C. cyaneopubescens or B. boehmei.

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I could recommend any Phormictopus species.. especially P. atrichomatus are fantastic..

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nhandu Chromatus

These are one of my favorites. Feisty, fast and beautiful. :D

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IrishLad17 said:
I have somewhat of a 'plan' to introduce myself to the certain types of t's. I was planning on first getting a docile terrestrial spider, probably a Chaco Goldknee.
I would recommend the
Chaco Gold Knee - G. aureostriata
Brazilian Black - G. Pulchra
Chilean Rose - G. Rosea
They all have a very sweet dispositions and are great beginner Ts

IrishLad17 said:
Sometime after that I want to get a docile arboreal tarantula (most likely avic avic) as a sort of introduction to the world of arboreal t's.
I would recommend the
A. Avicularia
A. Metallica
A. Versicolor
They also have sweet dispositions but are very fast and secretive

IrishLad17 said:
I was thinking something semi-aggresive, active, and nicely colored.
Now here are a few of my favorites that have some color and various temperments

C. Fasciatum - Costa Rican Tigerrump
E. Cyanognathus - French Guianan Blue Fang
H. Lividum - Cobalt Blue
H. Schmidti - Chinese Golden Earth Tiger
P. Cancerides - Haitian Brown
P. Regalis - Indian Ornamental

Just to name a few

I hope this helps :D

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My H. lividum isn't that defensive I have yet to see a threat pose. Now on the other hand my 5" P. cancerides has struck at me a few times. Both H. lividum and P. cancerides would be a great choice my cancerides is a very nice looking dark purple.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hmm.. C. crawshayi!!! If that is too much to handle, go with a T. blondi. If not the blondi, go for an M. robustum, and if not that... then I would go for the A. geniculata... they are all friggin monsters.

Or if you do want a Phormictopus cancerides... I've got two recently matured females...

The Sickness

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Soulsick said:
Hmm.. C. crawshayi!!! If that is too much to handle, go with a T. blondi. If not the blondi, go for an M. robustum, and if not that... then I would go for the A. geniculata... they are all friggin monsters.

Or if you do want a Phormictopus cancerides... I've got two recently matured females...

The Sickness
I have yet to see any signs of being "aggresive" from my A. geniculata.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
xWARxPATHx said:
I have yet to see any signs of being "aggresive" from my A. geniculata.
In comparison to what the threadmaker has... I gave 4 levels of aggression, so maybe A genic might be good. (My A. genics aren't aggressive either, but they are more so than others) :)

IrishLad17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for your advice, everyone :worship: . After looking at a few caresheets, browsing the forum, doing a little google searching, and looking at the availability in my area, I've narrowed it down (a little). Ok well so far I've taken all of the aggressive arboreals off the list, a little too much to handle :} . I also knocked a few of the less appealing ones in terms of color (to me at least), as well as a few that are way to big. So basically I have narrowed it down to two families, either one of the baboons or one of the haplopelma species. The only problem with the haplopelmas is that I dont wanna get, for example, a beautful blue h. lividum and then end up never seeing it except when I try to change its substrate and then have it try to kill me. I was wondering though, I know what a reputation the OBT has, but what about the p. lugardi? I hear its not as aggresive as its orange cousin, is it an active spider? Or will it stay in its hide all day? OK thanks

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
psalmopoeus

dont forget to consider p irminia or cambridgei after you have had your second t for a bit

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First The A genic is not so much agressive as it is hungy they will eat a tin can I think(goats of the tarantula world) My H. lividiums ar both holes but I still love em. P. lugardi is a hole as well but much more often seen than either of the lividiums combined. Temperment is not to bad but I dont go out of my way to provoke any of my T's but more so with the hotter ones. If you want the Lugardi go for its orange cousin in my case you live and let live you will be fine. SOmetimes they go up, sometimes they go down,sometimes they go underground. You never know what you are gonna get with the murinus and sometimes they change thier minds and switch it up some. Very interesting choice and great eaters as well.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well as we know tarantulas dont have plastic or glass in their diet lol so the sky is the limit. I say H. maculata or Pokie Good Luck

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
YouLosePayUp said:
Well as we know tarantulas dont have plastic or glass in their diet lol so the sky is the limit. I say H. maculata or Pokie Good Luck
This is true but the ocassional wire mesh(screen) top has been chewed through.