Where can I get an Androctonus Mauretanicus?

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Correct my spelling, please, if it's off. But where can I get one of these fine, child safe scorpions? :)

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
try botarby8s.com ask him if he has anymore, just becasue there not listed dont mean he dont have them.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fergie, They are (or at least were) listed as A crassicauda on Glade's Herps but they told me they are actually mauritanicus. You will REALLY like these!!! I have 3 and will probably get 2 more Saturday.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the mauritanicus is getting really popular now, prolly cuz of the size of the tail and how thick it is, very empressive tails they got.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got mine from Botar...he has several left as far as I know.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And the coloration too? Looks like a crazy blue sheen.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is exactly what they look like. The blue sheen is most likely a result of the lighting for the picture though. I'm not seeing any blue on the ones I have.

Botar

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How active are they? Any chance you'd see it out during the day?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is what they look like. This is all 3 of mine. They act similar to A australis. They arent as high strung as A bicolor

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is A bicolor for comparison. Note that the plural membrane is a much lighter color and that the chela are much more slender.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful scorps Brian. I'll be getting two (or more if this week proves financially favorable) in from Botar next week. I haven't bought any new scorpions in a while, but I should have known I couldn't last too long...

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.