New classroom pet

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yep, g. rosea. good school tarantula with an excellent disposition.

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like your Grammastola rosea has got some red to her - may be a red phase. You'll know for sure when she molts . . .

Potatoemoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tmanjim said:
yep, g. rosea. good school tarantula with an excellent disposition.
While true for the most part, Rosie's are the weirds T's in the behavior. I would definitly get to know its behavior before you let anyone in its tank. Mine will start to get defensive if I stay in its tank long enough ,and some on this board have some that think they are OBT's but for the most part very docile T.

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
common name is chilean rose and im sure the kids will love it :)

Letsgochopping

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will add my two cents to this.

If, for an unknown reason, your rosie either A) Stops eating for a long period of time or B) burrows and doesn't come out for a month or so, DON'T PANIC! Rosies will do that, and its common for them to do that. If starts looking ghastly thin, then you may want to panic, but otherwise heed the words of other posters : rosies can be wierd!

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice "Rosie"! I should think it will be the focal point of a lot of future conversation.

I looked through a few of your other photos there and I must say you're very tallented. I'm already looking forward to more pictures of the "Rosie" as things progress. Good Luck and keep us posted on future events please. :)

Pathogenic

Arachnopeon
That's definitely a rosie, and my rosie is so docile that even my friends who don't really like spiders love to handle him. It's a 50/50 with rosies... some are incredibly sweet, some are mean SOB's. Get to know it before letting it around children.