M. robustum post molt

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Some of you may remember the M. robustum that I was wondering if it actually was an M. robustum. Well, it molted about a week ago and it's definitely an M. robustum. Here's what it looks like after it's molt. If you want to see what it looks like before its molt, check out the M. robustum pics in the tarantula gallery. :)

Scott

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Funny Thing...

;P :? Well funny thing you should say something about that as Robustums always seem to be like and rusty orange color till they get older and then whola!! they molt to the color they should be.. Mine was the same way and i didnt think it was a robustum.. till few months later poof it turned into this beautiful tarantula.. =D :cool: :cool:

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
now that's more like it....

That's a lot more robustum looking. lol Here's a new pic of one of mine. I thought that earlier pic of yours was a tad off but I guess mine just haven't gotten that shade yours had before molting. They dull some but not to the extent of the pic you had. Aint it cool how they change? Man I love ronustum. Nice specimen by the way.
Phil

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one that is "washed out" did not change when it molted either, I have two that are classic robustum colors. maybe it is a locality thing?
Ed

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Atavuss!!!!!

:? :cool: Now see thats how mine are,, like your first pic funny orangish color and then they turn onto like your second pick.. They start off with no black on them and then they seen to get that at a certian age.. , wierd???:?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just fed and watered my robustums......the girl that was mated in the above pic molted this week! blast it! hope the other two females don't molt also!
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Oh good, I am so relieved to see your pics! I am hoping mine is close, she has been in her coconut shell for weeks. Since we got them from the same source, I hope she turns into a beauty like yours!