P.irminia

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have just received 3, 1inch slings and even though I have read how fast they are I couldn't believe it when I saw it. While I was transferring them from the containers I got them the last one used the speed of light to exit the container and climb to my shoulder and back before I could even move :)
I had problems seeing them, but fortunately they stop after a little bit of speed light...that's the chance to catch them...
How do you change the water to those guy, or clean the terrarium??? :confused: I can't imagine them getting unleashed in the room :eek: I am a bit scared now when I have to open the lid :D

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is what I would do. If you have them in a small container, I would put the small container in a lager one. Open the lid off the small container, letting the T out into the larger container. Then removing the small container for cleaning. At 1" they don't need a water bowl. Just mist often.

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what I did, but she climbed over the container she was in while I was putting it in the bigger one :) boy, it was sooooooooo fast.
Ok, I will just keep it moist, thanks...

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have to chuckle every time I see a thread about the little "teleporters", as I will NEVER get over how fast they are. But be assured you will get used to what to expect, and devise your own system. Just today, I decided to try to feed my 3.75 inch little P irminia a super worm for the first time. Why I get these whims, I have yet to figure out. Of course she didn't eat it...so I HAD to get the stupid worm out. As soon as I open the lid a crack, she goes into threat position. Luckily, she's really not so big and bad, and she went into her hide. While in the hide I put a cut off soda bottle over her, and went about my business in her tank.
I have her in a slightly larger tank than necessary, so I can get in there to clean, water, and feed. You NEED a long tweezer to toss feeders in and you can use it to hold paper towels to clean the sides of the tank. I find that as long as I don't touch her in any way, she stays put. You can use a meat baster to add water. And always always have a container handy. :) Good luck!!!