Stout-Leg baboon

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Last night I went on another tarantula rescue and ended up with a beautiful Stout Leg baboon. I had seen this one in the store for a while, so I got it for a reasonable price. It was labeled as a featherleg baboon, but I am 100% certain it is a stout leg. My question is about the correct scientific name. I have seen variations on the web and wanted to know what is the correct current identification.
Also, does anyone have information on this species. I am keeping it like my Pterinochilus murinis and Pterinochilus chordatus.
Also, also, she is coming up on a molt and is reasonable enough size that I would like to breed her. Does anyone have a male coming up on his ultimate molt? If so, let me know and maybe we can hook them up.
Thanks!
Ralph

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
Ernie, thanks for posting that thread. I must have missed it earlier. Here's a photo of one of the rear legs of my Eucrastoscelus. According to what Martin posted, it looks as though it would be a pachypus?

Joy
Joy,
Your welcome. I'm still not sure which I have, but whichever it is, I sure like it. Neat looking T's.;)

ERnie