Seperate Avic."metallica." /A.Avic

ArachnoHaze

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was looking at some of the picture/breeding threads and came across pictures of a T posted as Avicularia "metallica."..It sure looks a lot like my T i purchused labeled as an A.Avic..Can someone please explain how to correctly identify each species,whats different?????

mybabyhasfangs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was told that metallica have white tiped hairs and get larger. I am sure someone else on here with more experience can answer this better for you though.

Christina

Juraviel

Arachnopeon
Only A. metallica haves greenish tint. So if your species didn't haves this colour its. A. avi.

P.S. Very often I saw offers that people write that they sell Avicularia Sp. Guyana, or Avicularia avicularia and this is A. metallica. Below I put my pics, and You can check how they look.

A. metallica

A. Avi

Last edited:

ArachnoHaze

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In the pictures they both seem to have a greenish tint, My A.Avic when in the right light has a bluish green tint.. Is their any other way to seperate these two species???or are you talking about the abdomen where the pinktoe has a reddish hue to the hairs

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a beautiful shot of the A metallica Juraviel !!!

It is indeed difficult (for me anyway) to tell the two apart. I am sure there is a scientific way to describe the difference, but in lay person's terms the A metallica has a "fuzzier" look to it. When A avics molt, there is definately more of red hue to the abdominal hairs. These shots exaggerate the features mentioned.

Attachments

slingshot71

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ArachnoHaze said:
I was looking at some of the picture/breeding threads and came across pictures of a T posted as Avicularia "metallica."..It sure looks a lot like my T i purchused labeled as an A.Avic..Can someone please explain how to correctly identify each species,whats different?????
Even as slings, the A. metallica's white tipped hairs really stand out. If you could post a pic of your T, I'm sure it could be identified.

ZOKU

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:eek:

That A. metallica looks like a walking furball. I love it! :clap:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ZOKU said:
:eek:

That A. metallica looks like a walking furball. I love it! :clap:
you should check out some pics of A. hurianas :D

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is fairly nice talk, but believe me there's no real way to determine Avicularia metallica and Avicularia avicularia, unfortunately, it is the real thing...
Different avicularias sold under the different names but how can tell for sure that some of them described upon the base of juvenil specimens and even the type species of the genus (Av. avicularia) doesn't so accurate (in fact rather poor) to distinguish the avicularia taxo features from other theraphosidae spiders..
So You can think anything about what to call "avicularia" or "metallica" - all these are only "pet-trade names"...
Don't fool Yourselves!