Usambara orange baboon not webbing very much

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i've had one of my usambara baboons for about a month and it still does not web very much, except for its burrow. anyone know why it won't web the place up?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Your t is suffering from seperation anxiety coupled with a case of oedipus complex. :p

Noone can say for certain why or why not a t does certain things. My OBT slings (~1) only webbed a burrow for themselves. My GBB had completely webbed its previous home and when rehoused only has webbed its hide. As long as it is feeding and looks normal then I wouldn't worry about it too much, count yourself lucky I have a friend whoses OBT has completely covered its tank with webbing and cannot see it at all.
Chances are it is taking it a while to acclimatize to its new home.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Give it some time. It will prolly start webbing soon.

-Matty

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A lot depends on the tanks set up. If you give it a chance to burrow or a place to burrow, it may, resulting in not a lot of web. These t's seem to either make tons of web, or given the chance to hide, will and make minimal web.

I moved one from a tank that was completely webbed over and offered it a small hide. It now stays in the hide with a very small amont of webbing.

If you want to experiment a bit. Transfer it to a new tank, give a small amount of substrate and a small ledge up high to get started. You may be surprised to see it will soon be arboreal.

Scott

btw, you took my avatar. I switched mine to something new :(

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for info and suggestions. I'll give it more time to adjust or I could take out its rock it hides under and see what it will do hmmm...

lol sorry bloodletting, I thought I saw my avatar around here before.

Last edited: