an important Q!

jay_zonx

Arachnopeon
just wanted to ask u guys,

will a 3cm a.versicolour sling survive a journey of 3 days? i have bout 10pcs coming and im quite weary of their survival. i heard that versi slings is very fragile before 2". mind telling me wut will i expect?? pls enlighten me on this. thanks guys.... feeling tense now.... :8o :( :wall: :( :wall:

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are you trying to say you ordered some slings and they are going to be arriving in three days?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it all depends on the wether and how well the person who sends paks them.
when i send from Holland to England it usually takes 4 days. hardly ever had a problem.

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You will have no problems! Go for it and don't worry! I have had my versicolor sligs (0,5-1cm) travelling for 10 days in the post! They all arrived safe and sound :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
fscorpion said:
You will have no problems! Go for it and don't worry! I have had my versicolor sligs (0,5-1cm) travelling for 10 days in the post! They all arrived safe and sound :D
Excuse me but, how do you know that?

I've had 5 versi slings go 2 days in the mail and 4 of them were nearly DOA and subsequently died a day after arrival.

It all comes down to tha packing! If there is no ventilation and is there moisture I'll give you a 95% chance they're all dead. If there is lots of ventilation and only very little moisture I'd say your chances are good.

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When it comes to shipping something there are too many variables and all you can do is wait and see! I have been recieving shipments for my pet store for almost 17 years and it is always a gamble.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As others have said, it is possible, but weather, handling and most important packing all play a role in the outcome.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I do not know how good the shipping is in Malaysia. But considering it is a warmer part of the year there, they, with good packing, will probably make it just fine.

Your temperatures should be around 29C and 23C so the cold should not be a problem.

Even though overnight shipping is a great option, I do not think it would be doable because of cost.
thedarkfinder

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I have ordered 17 tarantulas till now, 10 of which were slings, 3 versicolor...from 8 different suppliers...none of them has travelled less than 7 days...all arrived safe and sound, they are all well now and no one have packed them in the same way! The temperatures varied a lot, from pretty hot (28-30C) to pretty cold (10-15)...of course I never order in temperature extremes (summer or winter, olnly spring and fall...). After my experience, I am confident to tell him-go for it and don't worry... if your supplier is a good man and he sends specimens in good shape they will all arrive safe and sound.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
But you can't know it's gonna go well, whatever experience you have with your people. There are ways to pack T's extremely wrong and I'm not even meaning stuffing.

Obviously though any normal person would hope or wish it'd go ok, but there is no guarantee. And with avicularia special care has to be taken when packing and in the case of versis, they are extremely sensitive to wrong packing. Next also - the longer the shipping takes the more perfect will the shipping conditions have to be obviously.

Good luck though anyway ofcourse!

jay_zonx

Arachnopeon
thanks bro's... u guys really made my day. LOL... now feeling abit relaxed. but yea, i admit it all comes down to packing. and the post officer. well hopefully will reach tomoro. all safe n sound. fingers crossed. will keep u guys updated on this suspense! lol...

btw, this is my first time ordering t's from other country. overnight shipping is a great option indeed but the cost is very high. yep, its a gamble to order t's from else where but hey... life its a gamble itself.... {D :? :wall:

jay_zonx

Arachnopeon
good news!!! all arrived safe n sound! LOL... was so happy to see them all moving... one even ran up my arm n jumped! luckily my office carpeted.
package consist:

1 fully grown female p.murinus 5"
10 versi slings 3.5 - 4cm
1 h.hercules sling
1 a.atrox sling

all arrive safe! thank god!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship: