Moroccan Black (Androctonus mauretanicus)

ocdave67

Arachnopeon
Think I am ready to jump up a notch in the hobby and am considering an Androctonus mauretanicus as my next scorpion. Would I use the caresheet for Androctonus Australis for this species? If not, what would be the proper setup for this scorpion? Also would appreciate any images that other members would have..

Thanks..

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
Perhaps this little caresheet could help. You can keep it like other Androctonus spp.
Cheers,
Eric
(PS. mauritanicus ;) )

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They like it like most other species of androctonus hot and dry! They can be kept in a 5 gal (short) aquarium with dry sand (wetted,packed down and let dry) and a fiew flat stacked stones to hide under. Make sure the temp is around 86-90 and you should have a perfect set-up. :D

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ocdave-

Yeah, requirements for all 'Andros' are the same: large Pet-Pal type plastic vivarium or 5.5 gallon (21 L) glass enclosure; keep it hot and dry, with good airflow; 3" (7.5 cm) layer of dry substrate and a few flat rocks (slate, fragments of terra cotta plant pots, etc.) and a light misting with room temperature, distilled water on a wall of the enclosure near substrate level at night; 1-2 times per month. Nothing too complex.

Luc

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
O my god A. mauritanicus, really one of the best choice. You will be a lucky man if you'll get one of this.

Eric: Are you already mauri father?

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, Eric, tell us, did you get some little ones? :) we are all very impatient ;)

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Androctonus_bic said:
Eric: Are you already mauri father?
Hi,
I got several broods last year but nothing for the moment this year, I have 6-7 females gravid since 3-4 months, so I should have probably babies in the early part of spring.
Cheers,
Eric