Which T scares you the most?

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was just curious as to which T's of theirs people considered to be most intimidating. i'm just speaking of T's right now because i have the highest regard for my giant centi and scorp. i dont even put my hand in the enclosure versus any T i have which i at least feel free to move my hand nearby. well anywho, i find my A.seemani the most intimadating due to her totally shitty attitude. multiple strike per second and no threat display to speak of to warn of the fangs o'death!!!! other T's in the collection include 1.25" P.irminia, 4.5" G.rosea, 4" A.avic, and the gf's T's.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are a few that come to mind, so far my 5'' H. shmidti is fast, highstrung and doesn't hesitate to shoot out of her burrow and let us know she doesn't appreciate the intrusion.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
My six H. lividum will surely take the prize once they've grown up a lot. But I already treat them with a lot of respect, eventhough the largest ones only start to reach the 5cm mark.

I think on second place I actually have to put my G. rosea :D He's so high strung it's unbelievable.

The vagans is the same - she'll come rushing if she thinks it's food but once she realizes it's not, she gives a threat pose. In the reverse she'll give food a threat pose first before she realizes what's going on... pretty confused my vagans I guess :D .

Eventhough my blondi hasn't kicked hairs one single time yet I treat her and her realm with utmost care and respect since I never ever want to experience the itching!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
If I saw a 10 foot OBT I think I would pee my pants :) :wall:

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Right now, it is my new T. blondi. She has given a few quick bursts of speed, and hissed at as, but no threat display. Maybe when I get used to her I won't be so intimidated.

Otherwise, it keep an eye out on my C. paganus and my P. murinus - only because I know what they're capable of.

Rick

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Rob1985 said:
Eww just relized another that I put on my list...C.Crawshayi, they can get very aggressive!!!

Snakecharm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a lot of respect for several of my Ts, and I think/hope that's why I don't have a whole lot of problems. My two lividum juvies are pretty quiet, they retreat quickly when disturbed. My black earth tiger stays in her hole pretty much all the time. I have a pair of king baboon slings, but one is a hermit, the other is skittish but not aggressive.

I think the T that makes me the most nervy is my N. chromatus, oddly enough. Very touchy and has gone into a 'half-threat' pose a few times. It's about 3-4" at this point and I keep it in a rubbermaid container that's a little smaller than a shoebox. One time it got startled and ended hanging upside down on the bottom of its box. :eek: That's part of why I named him Diablo. :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I had a mature male blondi that was the Spawn Of Satan. We called him SOS even. DANG he was evil!! I dreaded even going near his enclosure! He would rear up and stridulate and strike and squirt venom everywhere.....UGH It was hard on my heart! After moving him to the females tank to breed my hands would be shaking and my heart racing. Packing him up to go breed with other females was the most scary thing Ive ever done! He was SO STRONG! I was sure he would BREAK out of the giant deli cup and make an attempt on my life, he was swearing at me and flopping all over!! I was an emotional wreck when it was all said and done.....UGH. I dont miss him :eek:

Ive had 5 OBTs and not one came close to the orneryness that male blondi exhibited.

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Snakecharm said:
I think the T that makes me the most nervy is my N. chromatus, oddly enough.
I forgot about that guy! My N. chromatus goes alternates between "hiding" and "charging" when entering his tank to clean up or change the water. More than one time, I've been surprised by the sudden appearance of an angry chromatus...as if out of nowhere.

Rick

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
H lividium Tower

The Tower of terror! My H Lividium built this tower a couple of days
ago. She uses it to scrabble down on unsuspecting crickets
late at night. It also looks like she might be planning an escape.
Whatever her diabolical plan is, I'm sure I will find out sooner than
I want to ...Shudder!!!

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
metallica said:
for me it is Mr T!
Now that worries me, after all Mr T is a hero and part of the A team which fights injustice and stuff.

Well when you can find them that is.

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rob1985 said:
FryLock said:
Q: Which T scares you the most?

A: T. Rex

very funny people. :clap: :clap: {D

prolly my female rosie, sometimes she's nice, but sometimes she's the devil.
the only fear I have of my 2" OBT so far, is of it running out when I open the lid

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
true, but when you think of it, just how scary is a T. rex? i don't call them aggressive, but devensive. when given the oppertunety, they will run away, rather then attack! well that is the ones i know from my back yard.

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My other half when he say's NO MORE T's!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Yup they don't leave as a big a jobbys as Diplodocus ect, still don't know what my next one will be >Here<

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stromatopelma calceatum

I don't own one, and I haven't dared to yet, I've heard quite a few stories about how nutso they really are. :eek:

Out of the T's I own, it'd have to be the Chilobrachys fimbriatus. It has built a tunnel all the way up to the top of the vial and webbed it, so it is nearly impossible to tell if it's sitting at the top or not. Somedays I wonder if I'm going to startle it by opening the vial only to have it nail my thumb.

The cobalt blue doesn't give me any problems...however, I'm not about to dig her up and tick her off.

Right now I'm more concerned about the N. chormatus taking off than biting me, but I'd prefer to get it in a bigger home, so that it feels safer.