not premolt but.....

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I moved my 3.5" G. Rosea's tank yesterday now she has the opening to her hide silked shut. She just molted like a month and a half ago and her abdomen isn't turned black so I don't think its premolt. Is she just stressed from being moved or is there another option?

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i reckon shes fine...nothing to worry about...pet rock...no worries

Potatoemoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jeffh_x said:
i reckon shes fine...nothing to worry about...pet rock...no worries
you know everyone says that theirs is a pet rock, but mine isn't. Its constantly moving around doing something. But I wouldn't worry Rosies are weird.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Potatoemoe said:
you know everyone says that theirs is a pet rock, but mine isn't. Its constantly moving around doing something. But I wouldn't worry Rosies are weird.
If it is constantly moving it is not content with its enclosure or it is a mature male. Tarantulas that are content with the environment will not be constantly moving around. I would imagine that something is not quite right in your setup. What substrate are you using? Is it moist? G. roseas prefer a drier substrate.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my 1 inch g.rosea has recently closed it self up in its burrow.been in there for a week or so now.i think shes do for a molt since she hasnt yet in my care.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think she was just stressed from when I moved her tank. Tonight she was out again just like normal.

Waryur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whenever i put my T's into a new enviroment they always run for the glass ans stay high for a day or two, then they come down and make their homes