Feeding (Pinkies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
So I wanted to take pictures of my p. murinus eating a pinkie,,, and I want to see picture/videos of other Ts also eating pinkies... here is mine.

Attachments

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why would you feed a P.murinus a pinkie anyway? I am not against feeding pinkies to T's but your T seems kinda small for pinkies and would do fine on other small insects. Just curious is all. :?

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
fun

well there are a few reasons i chose to do this:
A. because I am low on funds right now so it is cheaper to feed it a pinky once a month rather that buy a dollar of crickets once a week.
B. It is awesome to watch it attack and kill the pinky.
C. my little brother likes to have a pet mouse for an hour before i feed it to Pandora

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. because I am low on funds right now so it is cheaper to feed it a pinky once a month rather that buy a dollar of crickets once a week.
A dollar worth of crickets (about 10-12) is all it should need per month. ;) Especially for a spider that is under 6".

B. It is awesome to watch it attack and kill the pinky.
I'm assuming that this is what it's about more than A.

AR-Tarantula

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't get it

The whole issue of live rodent feeding has been discussed before so this is a rhetorical question: Why feed "live" pinkies? I don't see the enjoyment factor in this at all. I feed frozen/thawed to postmolt tarantulas, but certainly don't get a kick out of it.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont get me wrong i was not attacking you, i was just curious as to why. I actually feed four fuzzy's a month to my T.blondi because i dont wanna buy 18-24 crics aweek just to feed him.
Besides the gross factor, I only watch long enough to make sure the T is safe then i never look again. :cool:

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sick pic!, i feed my adult predators a live pinky once in a while too just because I think they might appreciate it!

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
AR-Tarantula said:
The whole issue of live rodent feeding has been discussed before so this is a rhetorical question: Why feed "live" pinkies? I don't see the enjoyment factor in this at all. I feed frozen/thawed to postmolt tarantulas, but certainly don't get a kick out of it.
The whole point of feeding it live pinkies is because I live with my parents still because I am a full time student and they will not tolerate "rats" in their freezer... not trying so sound mean

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
Wadew said:
Sick pic!, i feed my adult predators a live pinky once in a while too just because I think they might appreciate it!
Yea they are predators so... why not givem something we can actually see them hunting ?

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
jbrd said:
Dont get me wrong i was not attacking you, i was just curious as to why. I actually feed four fuzzy's a month to my T.blondi because i dont wanna buy 18-24 crics aweek just to feed him.
Besides the gross factor, I only watch long enough to make sure the T is safe then i never look again. :cool:
I know you wernt attacking me... I watch only long enough to make sure Pandpra (my T) kills the pinky and starts to eat it then I check the cage the nex morning to make sure all of it is gone.

slayercortex

Arachnopeon
becca81 said:
A dollar worth of crickets (about 10-12) is all it should need per month. ;) Especially for a spider that is under 6".

I'm assuming that this is what it's about more than A.
It is true it is more about A but also last time I bought crickets for my avics they didnt get eaten right away so now i have crickets living in my house ones that have escaped the cage when they are small.... eww lol and Yea it is fun seeing a predator being a predator.

Waryur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
<Edit- Please PM or email user for the link - The AB Team>

G. Rosea is so docil.... UNLESS YOUR A MOUSE WAAAAA (btw im 21 and i jsut said WAAAAA).

Last edited by a moderator:

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
can someone say beaten a dead horse with a old stick? hehehehehe nice pics

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
because crickets are a pain in the butt and we try to avoid them as much as possible? lol. I feed my T's mealworms mostly, since they are easy to keep and breed, and they dont smell. Of course I have those picky T's who wont take them, so I get crickets from time to time, since I need to buy them for my beardies and gecko anyway. But im starting a roach colony to avoid that also, even though im afraid of roaches, but getting used to hissers. :)

fleshstain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've tried to feed a couple of my bigger t's pinkies but the just refuse to eat em....a lot of em won't even touch superworms....i'm about to start a lobster roach colony so i can do away with the smelly and noisy crickets....

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As this is a forum for pictures, not discussions, this thread will now be closed. If you wish to discuss the feeding of invertebrates, search for any one of the many threads already on the topic and start reading. Reply to those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.