Cyriopagopus thorelli Question

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys i was doing some re-search on this SP and was looking at the pictures.....It seems to me that the male and female of this SP is really easy to tell apart and really early......Is this possible ...Like i was seeing Sandy brown-blondish sub-adults 3 " and females being the balck and tan colour ?
Is this possible to tell so early in this SP ? Im getting one tomarrow and was just wondering about this ?
Thanks for all who replys !1 :clap:

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Crimsonpanther said:
Im getting one tomarrow and was just wondering about this ?
sure that you'll get a C. thorelli and not a C. schioedtei instead?

all the best,
Martin

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well see when i go get it !!
Ill post pics tonight
so i guess no ones knows the answer eh ?

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Crimsonpanther said:
Well see when i go get it !!
wondering what are (in your opinion) the differences between C. thorelli und C. schioedtei?

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't sweat it man, i've done a bit of lookin and it's definately a Thorehlli or however ya spell it.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Wolfy72 said:
Don't sweat it man, i've done a bit of lookin and it's definately a Thorehlli or however ya spell it.
may you share with us, what the characters/features are to identify C. thorelli or to tell it apart from C. schioedtei?

all the best,
Martin

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To make this story shorter..
The spider in the hobby is Cyriopagopus schioedtei and people earlier thought that it was Cyriopagopus thorelli.. therefor its still calld C. thorelli on some not updated places on the webb...
No spider can be identified as C. thorelli because there is nothing to compare it to..

And yes, Cyriopagopus schioedtei is sexualy dismorphic and you can tell from an early age what sex it is by looking at its colours dorsaly and so on..

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Look for my thread in the Discussion/Questions
Cyriopagopus thorelli or Cyriopagopus schioedtei
There is a pic then you can tell me what you think it is ok !!
Thanks for your help Martin ! :worship:

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bearo said:
No spider can be identified as C. thorelli because there is nothing to compare it to...
What they are saying is that the spider that is in the pet trade has been renamed. C.thorelli, although it may exist, does not exist in captivity, as far as is known. If you get one they would like it, so they, and the experts, could save it and identify others of its species, using it as a taxanomic template.

Please correct me if I am in error.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi David,

David Burns said:
If you get one they would like it, so they, and the experts, could save it and identify others of its species, using it as a taxanomic template.
the taxonomic relevant "template" is the type material!

all the best,
Martin