Tracks of extinct, giant scorpion found in Scotland

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wouldn't mind having a few of them around to "play" with the relatives during the Holiday Season! Thanks for sharing the info.

Luc

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i like how each of the articles quickly state that the scorpion thing has long been extinct...

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well insects have six legs arachnids have 8 or more. intresting artical though, i wish there were more on it.

Last edited:

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, insects have 3 pair of legs and arachnids 4, not more not less :) its one of their distinctive feautures...
As for the giant scorpions eating human like animals, they disappeared from the face of the earth some 300 millions years ago, 299 million years before human like animals appeared :)
Interesting article, I would liek to see the piture!

Frogster

Arachnopeon
Mmm. looks more like a horseshoe crab than a scorpion :?

Very interesting though

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can u just imagine scorps as giants, equal size to a crocodile! Don't think theres alot of animals that would stand in its way!!! Perphaps not even the mighty croc itself!!!

Zero09099

Arachnopeon
Wow

That would be sumthing, giant scorps. it would be cool to tame them and mebe ride them around. :rolleyes:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
have anyone thought of how the feeding is gonna be like ?? i mean feeding a cow? or a pig or something? how about a communal of giant scorp taking down a elephant or somethinG! ehahhshshs jus a thought! ;P {D