burrow sealed

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my a seemani sealed itself inside its burrow 1 week ago. i know that it will molt soon. but up to now it still hasnt opened it's burrow? should i be worried? should i dig it out? how long do they usually stay there? :?

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok i'll do just that. its around 2-3 inches. how long do you think will it stay there?:?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cloud711 said:
ok i'll do just that. its around 2-3 inches. how long do you think will it stay there?:?

It could stay in there for a few weeks, or it may stay in there for a few months, just let it be, everything is fine. :)

-Matty

mark poznak

Arachnopeon
sometimes ill be comfortable as hell in my bed but get up for a drink anyway cause i just feel thirsty then i go back to sleep

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ya dude nothing to stress over, Ts do that, they can last awhile without food, just keep the dish full, and itll come out when thirsty.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My seemanis really try my patience! Last winter one went to ground on Thanksgiving and didn't come out till after the 4th of July! This year he/she went down even sooner,early Oct.!Just keep fresh water in there and don't feed till the burrow opens back up. You may be in for a long wait!

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bonesmama said:
My seemanis really try my patience! Last winter one went to ground on Thanksgiving and didn't come out till after the 4th of July! This year he/she went down even sooner,early Oct.!Just keep fresh water in there and don't feed till the burrow opens back up. You may be in for a long wait!
i hope my seemani wont stay on the ground that long.

Kizzywhizzy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Seemanni is doing the same thing and has been in there for about 5 weeks now....

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine is not even considered as a pethole anymore. i now consider it as a pet substrate or soil.{D even the hole is gone.

Kizzywhizzy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL...so is ours all you see is this cork bark with a big pile of substrate in front of it

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
seemani

yea mine went into a spell of not coming out of her burrow. shes 4-4.5" and one day decided to not eat and not come out ever. lasted about 2 or 3 weeks i guess and then finally she started coming back outside the burrow and eating. and shes still going. my rosea recently sealed itself in its hide...but she layed eggs :) but im not sure how its going...ive never experienced this before

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yah me too this is the first time ive experienced this. i used to have a c huanini but it never went underground like what my seemani did. it just created a hide made from web and substrate. i hope it comes out soon. i want to see how big it is after the molt. :)

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cloud711 said:
mine is not even considered as a pethole anymore. i now consider it as a pet substrate or soil.{D even the hole is gone.
haha yea, same with my P. Murinus, I got it Nov 2nd and haven't seen it since the second week of nov.

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ilovebugs said:
haha yea, same with my P. Murinus, I got it Nov 2nd and haven't seen it since the second week of nov.
i thought they are semi arboreal t's!? how big is it?:)