Kid on Jay Leno?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just happend to turn it to Jay Leno and saw a kid about 9 or 10 years of age i'm guessing talking about Ts and he had a rosie out. I only caught the second half of the convo but the kid couldn't even clearly explain why Ts molted. I just wondered if anyone saw this and if anyone knows who the kid was?

-Matty

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I did. For an 8 year old, I thought the kid did rather well.

Last edited:

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Varden said:
I did. For an 8 year old, I thought the kid did rather well.

Yeah i guess he did rather well, but i thought to get on a talk show like that you'd have to be an expert or something, i was just wondering how he got on the show and why. I think its good for the hobby tho, showing people that there is nothing to be afraid of.

-Matty

Tarantula-Kid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I didn't see him but I do know it is pretty scary on the set. The show is filmed live and you don't get a chance to fix it if you mess up. I was so scared that when Jay Leno asked me why Fluffy was spinning silk I froze!

I tried to find stuff about him on the net but couldn't.

Elizabeth

Mattyb said:
Yeah i guess he did rather well, but i thought to get on a talk show like that you'd have to be an expert or something, i was just wondering how he got on the show and why. I think its good for the hobby tho, showing people that there is nothing to be afraid of.

-Matty

psionix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
arachnoking1234 said:
he said they normally live about 28-30 years but they can live up to 150 years
dang, we are all getting gyped then!

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
arachnoking1234 said:

Uh....I'm sorry, which species lives up to 150 years? :? I hadn't heard that before.

Waryur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
arachnoking1234 said:
ya that would be solifugid's right. I've heard they can live 150 years+ in captivity

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
arachnoking1234 said:

I didn't see that part. But obviously the kid doesn't know all that much....so that leads me back to my question...why was he on the show?

-Matty

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
I didn't see that part. But obviously the kid doesn't know all that much....so that leads me back to my question...why was he on the show?

-Matty
Actually, your average 8 year will tend to exaggerate at times even when they know the truth. It is just a kid thing. My kids, who are all very knowledge, have at times stretched the truth a bit. It is an easy way to impress friends. My son, who was 9 at the time, helped me with a presentation at his school embellished the truth a few times. And heck, he has had tarantulas around most of his life. Not to mention he has read several books already on them.

As far as how this particular boy got on the show, I have no idea.

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Waryur said:
ya that would be solifugid's right. I've heard they can live 150 years+ in captivity
It's true, I've had a B. smithi female for 147 years.....that ol girl is still double clutching too:D

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmmmm, could be :confused: I wonder if thats why she keeps knocking down my fence and trying to ''play'' with the neighbors dog :confused: Something in the soil....

Last edited:

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Swifty said:
It's true, I've had a B. smithi female for 147 years.....that ol girl is still double clutching too:D
:eek: Whoah, Swifty, I had you down being MUCH younger than that! ;)

Heck, I hope I look this good in 100+ years. {D

---
Wendy
---

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Socrates said:
:eek: Whoah, Swifty, I had you down being MUCH younger than that! ;)

Heck, I hope I look this good in 100+ years. {D

---
Wendy
---
Yeah, that hair dye does wonders.....hehe

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Tarantula-Kid said:
I didn't see him but I do know it is pretty scary on the set. The show is filmed live and you don't get a chance to fix it if you mess up. I was so scared that when Jay Leno asked me why Fluffy was spinning silk I froze!

Elizabeth
You did great in ALL of the interviews I've seen you do! Had I been in your place, I'd have been like a deer caught in headlights!

Tarantula-Kid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, but my point is that this kid might have been just scared. And he have done good the first time he was on since the thingy on the internet said it was his second time on the show. They certainly never asked me back! So, let's cut him some slack!

Elizabeth

Tim Benzedrine said:
You did great in ALL of the interviews I've seen you do! Had I been in your place, I'd have been like a deer caught in headlights!