He Who Rules
Staff member
Just a few head shots of my Blacktailed centipede:

and a terminal legs shot

Scott

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Where are those native to Scott? I really dig the black tail. Any chance of a full body shot :)

Bill

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If memory hasn't failed me....

I believe they're from Texas Bill.

Phil

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I think they're in more than just texas. Pretty sure they're throughout the southwest. There should be some full body shots in this forum somewhere and if not, I think I have a few up in the gallery. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll dig them up and repost :)

Scott

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm just curious, if I went to Texas and try to find some heros centipedes. When and where should I start to search for them?
btw Heros are dry land centipedes, right? so they don't need a lot of moist like most centipedes do. I'm keeping a heros pling myself.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Theraphosa
I'm just curious, if I went to Texas and try to find some heros centipedes. When and where should I start to search for them?
btw Heros are dry land centipedes, right? so they don't need a lot of moist like most centipedes do. I'm keeping a heros pling myself.
As for where to search for them, try under rocks and pieces of wood, other than that I can't tell you.

They are dry scrubland pedes, but they generally stay where moisture is, such as under rocks. It's been said that the adults may need more humidity than the plings. You don't need to keep it as wet as say a S. subspinipes, but it does need humidity in it's environment.

Scott

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can also collect them by "road cruising"...driving slow down deserted roads at night. This practice is illegal in some locales, and may draw unwanted attention even if it is allowed, but I've found some great catches doing this, including a 8" monster S. h. "arizonensis" a couple years ago.

Wade