Tarantulas drinking from bowls.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It doesn't look like my two B. albo's, either. My girls are really, really hairy, and predominantly black with bronzish overtones. It could just be the lighting, but that looks more like a T. blondi than a B. albopilosum. I've raised one of mine from a two-incher, and even at that size, she looked like a mini adult.

pitbulllady

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Exactly my thought when I first glanced at the pic - A blondi... :eek: But I guess it's hard to not see the difference between a blondi and an albo in good lighting.. ;)

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's what I thought too. Well if it is a blondi, that would be so much cooler (and probably a really good deal too).

Rob883226

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was sold to me as an Albopilsoa and I'm convinced thats what it is. It took a mating from an adult B albopilsoa like nothing, very motivated and not aggressive at all. I have seen dark types and light types when I google, mine seems to be the light form. Its a pet rock. It sat in there with plenty of water for weeks. A misting reminded it that maybe it was thirsty. No way its a blondi. I have adult blondi and its nothing like them. Other than being brown.

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Now the hairs on the back legs look a bit more fuzzy so I can understand it better visually.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holy cow, that really doesn't look like any B. albopilosum I've ever seen. The two I've had looked just like the one in Rick West's pic. Maybe if it is a different color phase, but I've never seen one like that. Has anyone else? It's interesting if it really is a color phase though.

Karen

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How old is it? How long did it take to reach that size?

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
me either haven't encountered that colour...doesnt seems as B.albopilosum...that was my first impression...i have i one and they are different as many of you said.....

Aaron

EDIT: are does water drops on it cephalothorax and legs?....if yes....is better not to mist directly on the T...

Last edited:

Rob883226

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
aaronrefalo said:
me either haven't encountered that colour...doesnt seems as B.albopilosum...that was my first impression...i have i one and they are different as many of you said.....

Aaron

EDIT: are does water drops on it cephalothorax and legs?....if yes....is better not to mist directly on the T...
I mist the tank once a week.

People have shown that mistings damage tarantulas? Please link these studies, I would like to learn more.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
rosea

she didnt really like the flash so started backing up and stopped drinking. also i took a few quick shots with the sports photography mode...made a pretty short photolapse file....she didn't move that far :wall:

ill have to find somewhere to post that somehow...

Last edited: