whats wrong?

dustypa

Arachnopeon
My rosehair stopped eating again!! her butt is huge, shes just hanging on the side of the tank..she laid an egg sac right after summer was over and they were bad eggs!! is their a chance shes going to lay any more? why would she lay eggs if their not even fertile? she hasnt eaten in about two weeks or more but her abdomen isnt shrinking...im baffled and im worried, maybe the cold weather is makin her hang on the side i dunno, seems like a stupid question?:8o

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hey dude if the abdomen is huge like you say it is you have nothing to worry about shes probably just full.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is her abdomen dark? She may be in premolt, or she may not be hungry, rosies have weird eating habits.

-Matty

dustypa

Arachnopeon
no its pink, i know for a fact shes not eating she looks like shes gona explode tho....i just keep a fresh bowl of water in their with her and 2 jr sized crickets which im going to take out tomorrow if she still doesnt eat:8o

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dustypa said:
no its pink, i know for a fact shes not eating she looks like shes gona explode tho....i just keep a fresh bowl of water in their with her and 2 jr sized crickets which im going to take out tomorrow if she still doesnt eat:8o
Well like i said, rosies have weird eating habits, some fast for a long time, and some eat all the time. No worries :D

-Matty

dustypa

Arachnopeon
Thanks..she looks healthy other wise, im so afraid im going to kill my spiders because of the climate here, i switch them into the room with a heater then all 3 are up on the sides of their cage then i move em into a cooler room and they stop eating

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dustypa said:
Thanks..she looks healthy other wise, im so afraid im going to kill my spiders because of the climate here, i switch them into the room with a heater then all 3 are up on the sides of their cage then i move em into a cooler room and they stop eating

I keep mine at room temp. which is usually between 68* and 72* and they all eat fine, and the only molting problem i had was with my big female blondi.

-Matty