Pet Store Visit

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
A pet store near me just changed owners and I decided to stop in for some crickets. The new owners are a young couple who were still unpacking all of their animals. Most stores here don't carry T's so I was surprised when I saw a small Pet Pal on the counter with a juvie Acanthoscurria geniculata (Brazilian White Knee). It looked great and was in the proper environment. The owner said he had more T's and to stop by in a week or so to check them out. He mainly deals in fish and reptiles so his knowledge of T's was a little low. My 8 year old daughter wants both A. Avicularia and A. Versicolor and asked the owner if he had any. He looks at me and her with this puzzled expression and asks if she can give him the common name which she does. My wife and I were so proud! The owners seems nice and I think I'll have to get him up to speed on T's (even though I'm still learning myself). BTW, he wanted $50 for the juvie (about 3.5"). I didn't get it, but I've been thinking about going back as it was really very nice looking. :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice to read a positve pet store thread. From the sound of it the guy has done a little homework, and has a idea how to care for them.