Odd eating habits...

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been raising T's for at least 5 years and have had many,sold several,and still have quite a few plus other inverts.All my T's have always eaten the same...they would grab their cricket or roach(sometimes moths for my psalmopeus)and chow down,and if they were really hungry they would grab 2 or 3 at a time.Well,I recently got a chilobrachys huahini and he eats TOTALLY different.He is a very aggressive eater,and he will eat 6-7 crickets at a time.He is 2 1/2 inches.Anyway,he will kill a cricket,take it to a spot outside his burrow,kill another,and put it with the first.He will hunt down every cricket in his cage and place them in a pile before he actually eats them.Then he eats them one at a time,and walks across his cage and discards the bolus by his water dish.And he places them in the same spot every time before he eats.I have never seen T stockpile his food before he eats.I have watched hime kill 7 before eating,and he always puts them in the smae place.Anyone elses T's do this.I really think he is the neatest t I have had when it comes to eating.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thats kinda funny.havent witnessed anything like that yet.u should take some pics

DragonMaiden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And some say T's have lil intelligence HA! I would love to see pix of that.
My red knee only poos in 1 corner... maybe they are just neat freaks?!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well that should make for easy cleanup then :)

-Matty

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will take pics in about 2-3 days when I feed again..Its really neat how he hunts them one at a time,places them at the foot of his web wall(he is a heavy webber),and hunts them till all are dead.Then he picks up a few and begins eating..when he's done,he walk them over to his dish.He is so cool!!!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Charlie! I'm glad you are enjoying the huahini. It always did that when I had it as well. My fimbriatus will do this also.