My New Room

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its official. I have somehow been able to turn the spare bedroom into a full time spider room. Still has furniture but that is on its way out too. Going to work on some built in cabinets over the next few weeks. Things are looking up in my T world. Notice my new light/magnifying glass? I think I need a new chair. O well, just my little corner of the world.
View attachment 47933

View attachment 47934

View attachment 47935

Last edited:

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Nice. I wish I could dedicate a whole room to my pets.

Some duct tape that chair will as good as new.:}

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
what kinda Ts you got in those pics??
Nothing too special.
2 Avicularia avicularia
Usambara Orange
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
2 Brachypelma smithi
Lasiodora parahybana
Brachypelma albopilosum
2 Grammostola rosea (mature male / mature female)
Chilobrachys sp.
Citharischius crawshayi
Aphonopelma seemanni
Nhandu chromatus

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ah yes very nice!! :clap:

i really want a B.smithi but not as a sling, i heard they grow slow, once i get the money for an adult or juvi, then thats when ill have one!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice, soon i will have my own T room.

-Matty

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow ..I´ ve seen u got a really nice desk there, and great collection,indeed.Congrats man, your set ups look huge to my eyes though.

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
if i may, Ronj where did you get those waterdishes?
I picked up my B. Smithi's for $12.50 each from a great breeder here in the southeast. I think it will be worth the wait. A few days after I received these guys they molted on the same day! Thought that was pretty cool.

The waterdishes are just the bottoms of clay pots. You can pick these up at Home Depot for .42 cents all day long!

Thanks

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ronj said:
I picked up my B. Smithi's for $12.50 each from a great breeder here in the southeast. I think it will be worth the wait. A few days after I received these guys they molted on the same day! Thought that was pretty cool.

The waterdishes are just the bottoms of clay pots. You can pick these up at Home Depot for .42 cents all day long!

Thanks
Nice T room you have there.
Does the water soak through the water dishes into the substrate?

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jbrd said:
Nice T room you have there.
Does the water soak through the water dishes into the substrate?
The water does not leak out into the substrate but it helps keep the area a little moist, but not too much. I have gas heat and it really can get dry in the house so the extra humitity is welcomed. Spiders don't seem to mind at all.

DragonMaiden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ronj you lucky dog. Nice setups and collection. I am soo jealous. I live in a studio at this time. Hoping to buy a condo to have a pet room. But in the mean time I am using an old bkshelf and converting it into a heated cabinet for my T's and scorps. I just got finished painting the backs of the tanks ( outside of course. and I am setting up the wiring now. So for those of you that want to display your T's get a bookshelf and place the T;s in there it looks great. I am also decorating it with vines and stuff. Will post pic when its done.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
so the dishes need to be glazed or whatever for it not to leak? or is it vise versa?

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
so the dishes need to be glazed or whatever for it not to leak? or is it vise versa?
Just like the pot, they do not leak at all. They are porous so they may loose some of the water due to evaporation, but that is only a guess. This has not been a problem for me, but hey, I am new to this and I could be making a big mistake. I was thinking that a clay pot with a lid could provide some good humitiy for the T's that require more then the room can provide. Just a thought.

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That a really nice set up you have there !
How many t's do you own ? Im up to 19 now...im in need of a T room:D

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Icarus said:
That is a really nice setup. Wow 12.50 for a smithi, what a deal.
Thats what i am sayin too, I'll take five of them :D

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Nice setup. I know how it is to have my own room dedicated to my pets. I have decorated mine with floral and vines. Looks very "junglish" down on my room for those that have not seen my pics of my setp.