do legs grow back?

brento

Arachnopeon
my hong kong giant centipede"trish" lost two legs to a mouse who was tougher than it looked. they are in the middle of her body and right next to each other. they both seem to have come off in the same spot. please advise?

-b

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes the legs will grow back after it molts,they will be alittle smaller,but after each molt the legs will get bigger to the size of the other legs.i would be careful giving live mice,all my centipedes eat,crickets,roaches,thawed fuzzie mice.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
danread said:
Don't feed live mice! ;)

seem's to be the best advice, just my opinion but the mice is probably the last on my list of food

brento

Arachnopeon
danread said:
Don't feed live mice! ;)
thanks for the advice:worship: this is my first one and i guess i am learning as i go. it was an impulse buy. went to buy a mouse for my snake and left with a centipede. in your pictures there are a couple of a large centipede eating a mouse. do you kill them first? mice just seem easy for the large ones. i hate picking out cricket legs from her cage. trish is 9" long and and has been eating a mouse a week. any opinions?

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
brento said:
thanks for the advice:worship: this is my first one and i guess i am learning as i go. it was an impulse buy. went to buy a mouse for my snake and left with a centipede. in your pictures there are a couple of a large centipede eating a mouse. do you kill them first? mice just seem easy for the large ones. i hate picking out cricket legs from her cage. trish is 9" long and and has been eating a mouse a week. any opinions?
When i do feed mice, they are always prekilled, i buy them frozen for my snakes. I don't think it is a good idea to feed mice too reguarly, centipedes have evolved to eat mostly other invertebrates and a diet with too much meat might do them harm. The only time i feed mice is after one of my large pedes has moulted, as they often need a large meal to fully recover.

Cheers,