Don't Buy A $75.00 P. Metallica From This Guy

rodillablanco

Arachnopeon
Many of you saw the auction on reptileauction.com where 32 Gooty's were offered in a dutch auction for $75@. You might still be able topull it up if you search for Item #:1135336577 I was one of two people who bid to "buy" one P.metallica each. When I sent my confirmation to Dario_trautman I mentioned that I was wondering why the auction listed the location in New York, yet his email was in England (yahoo.co.uk). Well, loads of emails later, and complaints to the reptile auction site have gotten me zip. I thought it was over until I saw a thread yeaterday from someone who was apparently getting ready to buy the REMAINING P. metallicas from this guy. I added my experience, but then the link got pulled. We'll try and be a little more cautious this time and still get the word out about these scammin' blue spiders.
I don't know who the other bidder on reptile auction was, but he gave Dario a negative feedback, as have I. I don't think he ever got his P. metallica either.
While I guess I still think deals of this magnitude may exist (I've found some screamin' deals over the years) STAY AWAY from this batch of $75 Gooty's. My psychic says they don't exist. But even if they did....

Last edited:

rodillablanco

Arachnopeon
Jsut to clear things up a bit. When the auction was running there was no indication that it was european stock. In fact, the location was purported to be in New York. Only after bidding and confirming did I get the contact email that was in Great Britain.
Interestingly, Metallica posted a link to a similar P. metallica rip-off in Europe. One of the posters has a story about an identity switch where the persons name appeared to be Dario Smith. My alias was Dario trautman.
So everybody on both sides of the pond need to be very careful about strangers bearing cheap Gooty's.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Moderator's Note!

Please keep the discussion on topic and about first hand knowledge only.

As with anyone you would consider doing business with, you should always do your research first and try to get both sides to any story. And alway keep in mind that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is!

Jeff
Arachnoboards Team Member