Ceratogyrus darlingi queston

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have come to the conclusion I am the only person that owns this species but I figured I'd re-ask my question from a month ago.

I have a 4 inch female and she hasn't ate for a good two months now. I figure premolt and am likely right on that. BUT.........

From other peoples experiences, does this seem right too you??? Does this species have a long premolt????

The rump is very fat so I know shes in better health and likely not sick (could be wrong though) and the horn has become a whitish grey. Seems like premolt, just looking for some confirmation.

I really can't find too much on this topic for this species.

Thanks again Guys!

Cory Loomis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look up estivation. Lots of animals from areas that experience a hot, dry summer go down in a burrow and sleep it off, emerging when temperatures moderate and prey is again available. I think you might own one now. The rule of thumb is that if the abdomen looks okay, the tarantula is fine.

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply.

It looks to be the case with my spider. She recently borrowed right to the bottom of the enclosure and hangs out all the time there now. I'm not so nervous about her anymore, thanks again.