Most aggresive T?

GAD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just wanted to know what the most aggresive T was and where in the line of aggresive T's does my OBT stand??:?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i dont think that the OBT is the most aggressive, because i handle mine with ease, i think a H.lividum is more aggressive, then again it depends on the individual Ts personality.

heres 2 pics...

H.lividum Threat pose with cricket.

Handling OBT(third time posted on these boards sorry about that)

GAD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
all i gots to say is your Krazy with a capital "K". My OBT is ctazy fast and hates me...loves to eat though. He has eaten 17 crickets and i have only had him 3-4 weeks he would eat all day if I let him!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
haha why thank you lol, but no seriously, mine isnt that aggressive, esp once i get it out of its container, one of these days ill have a pic with the H.lividum on my hand.

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't interact much with the T's in my collection that have the higher probability of giving me a hard time. Because of that, I haven't seen a lot of aggression. My only threat pose was from my OBT, but that was during the initial transfer into it's new home. Since then, it has never minded my presence around it's tank, or during feeding time.

My T. blondi has remained hidden since I got it over a month ago. :( My P. paganus has recently been coming out at night, but would rather run than confront me. My P. fasciata is too fast for me to want to find out how aggressive it is. I have two E. pachyus - one could care less when I am in it's tank, the other attacks the sides when I approach. My L. parahybana prefers to run and hide as well.

The one T that has consistently attacked anything that enters it's tank has been my B. vagans. However, I believe she is thinking I'm bringing food. (She doesn't show any threat displays.)

Rick

arachnoking1234

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
GAD said:
all i gots to say is your Krazy with a capital "K". My OBT is ctazy fast and hates me...loves to eat though. He has eaten 17 crickets and i have only had him 3-4 weeks he would eat all day if I let him!
thats weak my l.parahybana 4 inch had 15 crickets in one sitting in a ball and ate it all then a week later ate a pinky

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
arachnoking1234 said:
thats weak my l.parahybana 4 inch had 15 crickets in one sitting in a ball and ate it all then a week later ate a pinky
Yeah but L. para get huge and need to eat lots lol. For an adult most I have given one YET in one sitting was B. albopilosum at 12. I do however have A genic, G. aureostriata, L. striatipes with all of them having lots of growing room to go.

Back on topic my most evil T has to be an adult E. camp female on P.M.S. She will chase you across the enclosure and tag anything she can reach. The fastest T with a bad rap I have has to be O.B.T. all I can say is insanely fast. I also saw a few threat postures but I'm sure it woulda chickened out had we gone to heads lmao.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GAD said:
I just wanted to know what the most aggresive T was and where in the line of aggresive T's does my OBT stand??:?
Without getting into the aggressive/defensive debate, I think H.lividum is one of the most aggressive/defensive with its fangs. OBT would be in the top ten list.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The OBT I have will rear back and snap at air if I even tap the lid.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well OBT for sure in my collection! Also depends on what time of day you feed some of these guys! The N.chromatus goes more crazy the later at night you feed them and are much more aggressive than in the earlier part of the day. The female P.cambridgei always striking a defensive pose anytime I open up the containers. And for sure I will never ever trust a H. maculata. Also my N.coloratovillosus is not an easy charmer either! Before "Max" died, my E.uatuman he was very aggressive after he matured.
I guess it just depends on what you have and how it has reacted!

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My most aggressive Ts at the moment are:

Citharischius crawshayi - He's kind of mellowed out at the moment but he's still unpredictable.

Haplopelma minax - My black little devil. Will attack anything that moves. Every time she shows a threat display venom drips from her fangs.

Haplopelma schmidti - My golden little tiger love to run up the feeding forceps and try to bite my finger. I just give it a good blow and she runs back down into her retreat.

Phormictopus cancerides - My purple demon loves to attack anything in her enclosure but, she mellowed out a little bit.

These are some of my favorites because they are full of life and attitude. They keep me on my toes.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Out of the T's I've had the most aggressive have been P.Murinus,A.Seemani & My H.Schmidti.

Icarus

Arachnopeon
demonhunter said:
haha why thank you lol, but no seriously, mine isnt that aggressive, esp once i get it out of its container, one of these days ill have a pic with the H.lividum on my hand.
You never know it may turn out to be more aggressive once it molts out and becomes bigger :p than hell show u why hes called "orange bitey thing" ;P

sharky8119

Arachnopeon
my most defensive is definatly C. crawshayi. I tapped it on the back with a stick and it twisted around, wrapped it's legs around it, latched on, and dug it's fangs in. (picture that being your finger). I handle my blondi regularly, but this only allowed me to hold it when i first got. Dumped it on my hand from its carrying cup.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd have to say, in my experience, OBT. Mine strikes at the air if I breath gently at him. Even my C. Shioedtei isn't that nuts.

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well in my experience i have kept cobalt blue's, King Baboons but i have found the most aggressive/defensive would have to go to my kilomanjaro Baboon (P.Cordatus)

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I swear my H.longipes wants me dead! That thing is straight up EVIL :evil: If I breath on her she will stay in the agression pose for an hour literally! She's even more aggressive than my P.chordatus and H.lividum!

Pandora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The most aggresive T's are Haplopelma & Ornithoctonus. My O.aureotibialis are perfect afreet! They attack and try to bit anything moving beside them.
And my Pterinochilus are not agressive to me. I handle several of my P.murinus very often and they don't try to run away or bit me.
I think that behaviour depends from T-species not only, but from education in the same way.
There is my Pter on my hand, he's 9 molting.
http://www.pandora.rdh.ru/foto/P.murinusNCF-9L-m1.jpg

And my favorite OBT :) Here he rests upon my hand - an endless confidence!
http://www.pandora.rdh.ru/foto/P.murinusRCF-8L-m_t.jpg

Presently they much senior and their behaviour continue calm.