feeding crickets ham?

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just out of curiosity i fed some crickets a small peice of ham from the fridge, then thought "oops is it ok to feed them crickets to my t's?"

usualy i just feed the crickets salad stuff, but then i thought well the T would eat meat anyway so it cant do any harm, right?

thanks

Camberwell

ps. what should i search for to find better results? ;P

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i doubt it would do any harm if it is fresh. I dunno if it would be a good idea to have ham in there more than a few hours. Rotting ham probably does not promote the most favorable bacteria.

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't think you will find much searching for crickets and ham....

I am sure it doesn't matter if you feed them ham, if they eat it. I wouldn't let it get rancid.

Scott

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aaah thanks guys, thats cool. the ham is fresh, and they seem to be fighting over a small peice so i dont think it'll be there much longer :)

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A late response but, i wouldnt be so keen on feeding even the crix ham, as most ham as with most packaged meats contain alot of chemicals and preservatives...and these could in turm be bad for the tarantula who is eating the 'contaminated' crix... just look at the ingredients to your sliced ham and bacon..lol..does it really all need to be there?:p...havent you only bought ham?:p hehe
If u know what i mean.
i persoally ill only feed any of mine on butchers meat:)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Ham also is quite high in salt content. I don't know if that is harmful in any way, but just thought I'd mention it.:)