SCR Inverts shut down! No more Scott?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Man..I went to check out his site and found a banner.

I guess he shut down............

http://www.whatsyournightmare.com/

"SCR Inverts/Whatsyournightmare.com has CLOSED its retail business. We have sold our stock to : "

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aww, thats too bad. I wonder what happened? Strange, i visited that site for the first time last night.

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
I am sure Scott will eventually see this thread and explain himself, but I'll just comment that he posted in the private dealer's forum that he was taking over one of his father's businesses.

Cheers, Michael

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I heard from him that he is just moving to a new shop (not with Regal Reptiles anymore) and that the website will be down for a bit, but that he'll be back. So he's definitely not closing for good, I think just for the move, which is why he probably can't take any orders right now. I'm sure he can explain it better than me, but I just didn't want any rumors to start.

Karen

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am so sad to hear this...

Scott is an awesome tarantula guy. He helped me adopt A. metallica, G. rosea, & G. action. Knowing that I say I want docile & colorful, he put a fuzzy little T. blondi in my hand. I just had to take it home. It seemed so sweet at the show... All of his spiders are beautiful. I love them and was looking forward to making future purchases from Scott.

I hope everything is ok :(

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
at least his stock is still for sale. sure, Krazy 8's Invertebrates is doing it, but.....i don't think i make a very good optimist.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I hope it not permanent! I love going to his shop and walking out with arm fulls of new pets.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I hope what you say, MindUtopia, is true. I would really be upset if he shuts down for good.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know if I can repeat all the details he told us, but I'll let him know to come over here and check this out, so he can fill everyone in. Don't worry, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Alrigtht guys bare with my spelling and grahmer. I've been working alot since i took over my fathers nightclub were i work almost everyday 12pm to 3am and trying to run SCR at the same time. The problem really is SCR is inside Regal like you all know witch is almost an hour away from the Nightclub so it's making it difficult to get there when all you really wanna do is sleep. ofI'm also having a problem many animals are turning up missing example a adut P.subfusca and juvi P.metallica and no one working there admits to anything or things get sold and someone is putting the money in there pocket when i'm not around. Also I pay $1,200 month for rent just to run it out of Regal so i with in the last month i've been losing some $$$. Theres also been some conflict of intrest with a certin tall long hair garga mouth but i wont mention anynames but anyone who's ever been there would know who i'm talking about.Also Miguel is going to be back at being the spider guy at Regal. So This is the game plan. I'm going to get it going again right in my home town of Coventry RI. it's like 5 miles from CT <--wooohooo you know you love it. we will still ship and do wholesale. will be set up buy apointment only.I'm going to be focusing on CB higher end animals no more WC . We are also going to be expanding into more reptiles. high end ball pythons, carpet pythons,chondros, and high end monitors. There is a new website going to go up mid Feb were workin on it now.It's still going to be whatsyournightmare.com. I've have Kray 8's Inverts up there now untill i get the new site going becase he bought alot of cute little 8 legged hamsters off me.I love doing this way too much so i'm deffently not going anywere just sliming down on what i'm carrying and trying to be more fucused on certin species.
thanks
Scotty Crowe

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, its good to hear you didn't go out of business. Sounds like the new store will be a better setup. Closer to CT is much better as well. At least it's easier on my gas budget. Let us know how the new place is coming from time to time.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Glad to hear!

Let me know Scott when you are operational!

And I hope you'll have big boxes...you know I'll fill em on the way out!

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Were very happy

you will still be around the Hobby/Business. We enjoyed chatting with you
at Daytona, hope you will be back there this summer.

Best Regards,
Dan and Chris Jacobsen

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Anyone know if Scott is back up and running?

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nightmares said:
I'm going to be focusing on CB higher end animals no more WC .

Scotty Crowe

Pardon my ignorance, but what are trhe meanings of "CB" and "WC"?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
236260 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what are trhe meanings of "CB" and "WC"?
No problem,

Wrong forum to post this question, but it means
"CB = Captive Bred"
"WC = Wild Caught"

johhnykiller111

Arachnopeon
SCR Gone

Yeah I am in his area and about 2 months ago or so I went to his site and it was gone. The store that he was in is still selling T's but their prices are out rageous compared to what you can find on the web. 90$ for indian ornamental 1", or 65 for goliath bird eater 1.25". They still sell them but only to suckers. That is where i got all my advice but oh well.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
johhnykiller111 said:
Yeah I am in his area and about 2 months ago or so I went to his site and it was gone. The store that he was in is still selling T's but their prices are out rageous compared to what you can find on the web. 90$ for indian ornamental 1", or 65 for goliath bird eater 1.25". They still sell them but only to suckers. That is where i got all my advice but oh well.
He definitely left Regals months ago. He was planning on setting up shop in Coventry, RI and getting a new site up eventually. Though I don't know the status of that.