the Psalmopoeus photo thread

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I love this sp.! i have 4 myself! Post all of your pics of these beauties! I will post mine later! Thanks,

James

P.S- Sorry martin if i copied off your thread its just a tadbit different!;P

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I already expected a thread like this coming up after martin opened his thread about the poecilotherias.

But here is my favorite Psalmopeus species, the P. cambridgei. Maybe even my all-time favorite...

It still has some more growing to do to get its adult coloration, but it's already cool as it is :).

Dennis

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey Dennie

great pics! how big is yours? i have 2 slings at 3/4" and 1 at 2"
I am glad you discussed this with me before you finally got one, which is smart of you! Good Job:) Does yours web much? anyhoo Good Luck!

James

P.S- is yours male or female?

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm unsure of the sex, and I'm not a sexing expert either, so I will just let the spider do its thing without borthering it.
He (I will call it a he, because everything of wich I don't know the sex is a guy to me) hasn't done much webbing yet. I put him into this enclosure yesterday, and he is still walking all the time. This new enclosure is about 10-15 times larger then the one he came in, so I think he will have a lot of space to do its thing.
His legspan is about 10 cm, wich is 4". I'm sure he still has a lot of growing to do :).

Now share your P. cambridgei pics :).

Dennis

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well James here is my P. cambridgei. My camera sucks (but im getting a new one next week;) ) so this is as good as it gets.

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

@jwb121377 GREAT PICS! I love the coloration! How big is yours?
@dennie mine will come no later than tomorrow;)

James

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
RIP ...this is Willow, he got munched before even having a chance at mating..poor guy.
I will have to get another someday.
I also got a P irminia today, but the little thing is only .25" ...and my cam doesn't have a decent macro!

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
James it just molted on 01-15-2003 and she is at the 4.5" mark. I cant wait to see your pics. Everyone's Psalmopeus pics look great! I like Psalmopeus better than Pokies but shhh I don't want my P. regalis to hear.;)

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sweet!

im expecting a p.irminia spiderling this week... hope its a beauty!

by the way tarantula lover, Psalmopeus is a genus not species, the species is the latter part, i.e. cambridgie, irminia etc. not being picky just constructive :)

EDIT: what are your psalmopeus temprements like? i hear they are pissy and wont hesitate to bite? ah well im not fussed about touching... :S eeeek

Last edited:

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's one of my 2" P. Irminia....I think she may be up for a molt soon.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

so you guys want pics? here are pics! Here is my 2"
Psalmopoeus cambredgei on her piece of cork taking a midknight stroll! more pics to come! Enjoy!

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Here is a pic of my 3/4" Psalmopoeus cambredgei this is my 2/3 ive got one more to show! i love these sp! Enjoy!

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

great pics guys! i really want to get more this and avicularia and chromatopelma are my favorite genus! Thanks for the pics! I still have more coming!

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
RIP ...this is Willow, he got munched before even having a chance at mating..poor guy.
I will have to get another someday.
I also got a P irminia today, but the little thing is only .25" ...and my cam doesn't have a decent macro!
Hey Holley,
I love the fluffy legs on your poor departed T.
Also the wine corks. They give a new meaning to cork bark.
Now I know what your doing when your not online. LOL, J/K

Ernie