Care sheet

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there a fast way to link to a good care sheet on this site? I tried "search" and did not get a useful link.

I'm looking for a Mexican red rump care sheet. I just got a 2" for $15, she's drop dead gorgeous.

I've read they are docile, skittish, and aggressive.

I've read they are fast and slow.

I've read to keep them dry and to spray them.

Last edited:

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do a google search for both the common and scientific name. You will find lots.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MindUtopia said:
Do a google search for both the common and scientific name. You will find lots.
Actually I did one and got conflicting information on Brachyplema vagans :confused:

Should they be kept like a Brachyplema smithi, or with more humidity?

I've handled this T, and while I've only had it less than 8 hours, my judgement is its somewhat skittish and about as fast as a GBB.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kid Dragon said:
Actually I did one and got conflicting information on Brachyplema vagans :confused:

Should they be kept like a Brachyplema smithi, or with more humidity?

I've handled this T, and while I've only had it less than 8 hours, my judgement is its somewhat skittish and about as fast as a GBB.
They can be kept either way...in dry or in moist conditions. The couple I've kept seemed to do better in damp condtions though. Since they're actually native to a sort of tropical area I'd say a bit of humidity and damp substrate can't hurt them.

As for temperament...the two I have (male and female) are different. The male is pretty skittish. Doesn't like to be bothered at all. The female prefers to be left alone but will tolerate a bit of handling.

Arachnophiles

Arachnopeon
David_F said:
They can be kept either way...in dry or in moist conditions. The couple I've kept seemed to do better in damp condtions though.
Judging by their natural distribution I would say that is definately true.

I have a care sheet available here if it helps.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Arachnophiles said:
Judging by their natural distribution I would say that is definately true.

I have a care sheet available here if it helps.
Yes, that did help! I was leaning toward bone dry with a water dish until you both educated me. Thank you all for taking the time to respond. :worship: