C.crawshayi's burrow

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My C.crawshayi sling recently locked herself up in her burrow and she stayed there for a week... Now it seems like she just opened it a bit but not enough to get out... How should i interpret this?!?! Would it be a molt and she's done within a week ( is this possible for a 2'' crawshayi sling?!?! ) or maybe she just thought it was too dry and decided to lock in her hole?!?! I wonder when i should feed it... If its a molt and she's not done yet and she has an opening in her hole, i guess it might not be the best idea to let a cricket in... What do you guys think?!?!

phil.

ally b

Arachnopeon
hi,
do u know when she last moulted ?
i would leave it for a while to see if it comes out by its self.
she my just "vant to be alone" lol

try pre killed cricket to see if its tempted.
but other wise i would leave it for a bit .

ally

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My little sling does the exact same thing. I would get nervous that the borrow had caved in on the spider and I would dig the thing up just to find its fine and in a webbed "cave". Anyway I think its pretty common this these species. They are borrowers and love staying down deep in the substrate.

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If it's open I'm pretty sure you can toss in a feeder.
C.c.'s close their burrows for a number of reasons - too much light comming in, too dry substrate, moult and there are certainly a few others. But it seems to be a pretty fair bet that if it's open the T is hungry.

Now it only depends on what it is you're interpreting as "open" ;)