Disposal

How do you dispose dead taranulas

• Proper burial outside, perhaps under a tree..

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Garbage

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Toilet

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Cremate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters

Chel

Arachnopeon
How do you dispose of your dead tarantula?

Last edited:

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fry up the abdominal contents for breakfast on toast.;P The legs are also very good but hardly worth the effort (like crab!)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If small enough I feed them to my other spiders, if too large I give them to my sowbugs.

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
burial. tossing a dead animal out in the garbage, to me, is a grave insult to life. i can understand if you have lots, but i only have a very small collection (4 arachnids in all) so when they die, its burying. As for eating, a vietnam veteran told me that the best way to cook em is to toast em over a small fire and pick the legs off and enjoy something like salty lobster. I dont think i could do it though. He enjoyed H. Lividium more than once.

Last edited:

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Yep, they are pretty darn precious to me :) So I humanize them, so what!
They're my babies, and if something happens to one of them, they get wrapped in a paper towel, inside of a freezer zip lock bag, and buried.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If I'm not interested in preserving them at all, they go straight to the trash.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I throw them in the woodpile out back and let nature take its course.

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
alcohol if they are worth keeping, otherwise trash.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when not in the trash, i put them in my grandmother's potted plants as decor. she likes the surprise, and my grandfather's horror ;P

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I mount them as specimens. Please if anybody has any species of dead Poecilotheria please let me know as I want one for my collection. I will accept most dead T's just let me know what you have got with a private message.

Last edited:

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
donating them to classroom colections is also nice. i enjoy contributing to education.:)

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
bonesmama said:
Fry up the abdominal contents for breakfast on toast.;P The legs are also very good but hardly worth the effort (like crab!)
I sautee the whole t with garlic, only do this with OW species the urticating hairs on NW make my tongue tingle. ;P

I try preserving them for the practice otherwise just trash them.

Stefan-V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haven't had one die on me yet, but I'll do the same like my dead fishys.
*Flushes*{D

Stefan-V

dragyn5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We just had our first one "Buy the farm"! Our L. parahybana sling didn't make it through a molt. We want to bury her and say some nice words....but the ground is frozen and we just had 18 inches of snow. She is in a plastic container until we can break ground. Luckily she is only about an inch.

:(

MissssSnape

Arachnopeon
I preserve them. I first take the guts out and put cotton in then I use hairspray and let them dry out. I spray them around 2 times a week till they are totally dried out and then put them in a nice dry display tray!!!.

I just don't have any die on me yet but that's what I would do. I did it to my praying matisses.

Pandora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've put a big spiders (scorpions too) on plastic container and take place them in freezer (I hope, I'll make the effigies from these spiders in the future). And small spiders is a good food for a roaches :)