Need ID, Heterometrus sp.?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Please help me identify my new scorp. I only bought it because of its resemblance to an emperor. This can't be a spinifer or longimanus, because I have both and they don't look similar.:? It is like an emp except that the chela is a bit smaller, and the texture isn't that rough. Color is similar to my spinifer, a darker shade of green, but the chela is greenish brown. A friend of mine said it could be a laoticus. What do you think?
I hope the pictures would suffice. It's the best I can come up with. BTW the squares on the mat is in centimeters.

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
H.laoticus or H.petersii

cant tell from those pictures :(

can you post pics of your H.longimanus too please??

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
George,

I'll try to borrow a better camera for clearer pictures.:wall: My longimanus is still a juvenile. I hasn't molted yet since I got it last Jan, it is six months old. It is about 2 inches from mouth to tail. The only reason I'm sure about this is because I got it from a reputable breeder. They are captive bred scorps from a privately run zoo here in Manila, complete with documents certified by the resident zoo keeper. Oh, plus the fact that it is jet black.

I gave another scorp to my friend, WC, which I think is a longimanus. This is bigger than what I have. Maybe I'll borrow it for a photo session.

I'll post better pics soon.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Clearer pictures.

George / Sorpfanatic,

I finally got hold of a better camera. But I'm still in the process of learning its operation manual. I hope this is sufficient for ID. I placed a penny for size reference. Sorry, big pictures.

Last edited:

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
H. Longimanus

Hey George,

This is my H. Longimanus. It is jet black, but seem lighter now since it just molted 6 days ago. The store where I bought it from says it is a captive bred Heterometrus Longimanus Borneensis, born Sep. 19, 2005. It's a heterometrus for sure, but let me know if it is a confirmed longimanus.

Last edited:

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive not seen and know how to ID H.petersii
.. but its looks from wat i see.. H.laotics.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

still not sure about the first, as Walton says, should be H.laoticus or H.petersii (though this isnt 100% sure..)

the second, i cant advise you on, i also have some juvenile H.longimanus borneensis, and they look "identical" to yours

lets hope they have very long claws when they are adult! (~6-9 months? or so)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
Hey

still not sure about the first, as Walton says, should be H.laoticus or H.petersii (though this isnt 100% sure..)

the second, i cant advise you on, i also have some juvenile H.longimanus borneensis, and they look "identical" to yours

lets hope they have very long claws when they are adult! (~6-9 months? or so)

hahah now i know y u like that c.rectimus so much.. --- LONG CLAWS!!!!!!! hahaha

i hope mine is too because thier grand parents are WC in my country where H.longiminus can be found.... heheh :) help me see if they look 'Identical" too hehe...

Last edited: