Scorp Hunting in Joshua Tree National Park

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone here go Scorp huntin in JTP if so wut time o day to ay look wut do ya look under and tips like that.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I'm going to assume by the National Park thing that collecting is probably not allowed.

Cheers,
Dave

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
skinheaddave said:
I'm going to assume by the National Park thing that collecting is probably not allowed.
I agree. Collecting in national parks can get you in BIG trouble.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is very illegal. I worked at Yellowstone National Park back in the summer of '88 and I know for a fact that it's illegal. You probably wouldn't get caught but if you did you would wish you hadn't taken anything in the first place. Honestly it's not worth the headache.

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not poking you with a sharp stick...but, if you want to go scorp hunting, go in areas around the park...not in it.
That's the point of a "National Park"...to give species a safe place to go.

Chris

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got in from Mesa, Arizona yesterday and I found that I could find some great stuff by going to near by fields and looking under boards and tires. I found hundreds of scrapes and lizards alls over the place. I brought home a little scorp, 2 black widows and a 3" centipede. If I had a UV light I could have caught scorps by the kilo.

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you speak rigoolar inglish?
Some folk are trying to tell you that you will get in to trouble if cought there, so what's the point in that: to show off in presence of class mates? Read Dostojevski if you want to fascinate someone. Being illegal is ain't fun - it's childish and stupid.
pimpin_posey said:
you ppl ruin things ;P sshhhhhhhh bout this sorta thing.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
pimpin_posey said:
you guys are mean;P lol i jus like messing with ppl cuz its fun.
Don't...because all it will get is you flamed and eventually this thread locked and possibly you in trouble depending on where you take the flaming that is sure to come.

Collecting in National or most state parks is illegal and gives a bad name/image to the honest collectors like most of the people here. If you want to discuss illegal activities don't do it on Arachnoboards.

John
Arachnoboards
];')

Zach Valois

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A touchy subject, absolutely nothing I support. Collecting should be left to breeders. At any rate, thanks for that stance John.