do assassin bugs make nice pets?

alex21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi,

i have gained a recent interest into assassin bugs. Based on what i have read, it seems as if they feed just like spiders...so are they nice to keep and watch? can they be handled?

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alex21 said:
hi,

i have gained a recent interest into assassin bugs. Based on what i have read, it seems as if they feed just like spiders...so are they nice to keep and watch? can they be handled?
I don't recommend handling, as they can deliver a painful and sometimes necrotic bite. Otherwise they are awesome pets.I have a caresheet here. Another really great person on these boards would be mantidassassins and golden phoenix exotica.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the typical lifespan of most Assassin Bugs?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Assassin

I think the name tells you how "nice " they are. them things can really hurt when they bite you.
we have them all over the place around here and i try to not touch them lol i love them tho they are awesome pest control

Ecilious

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can really go to town with the decorations inside their enclosure too since they won't dismantle/eat your hard work like many others. This coupled with their interesting behaviour makes them great display animals.